Am I (or company) eligible to apply for N470

GChopelost

Registered Users (C)
My company has out sourced some work to an Indian company. Company's vice president is physically supervising the work over there. He is USC and have moved with his family to India. My question once i get my GC and after I complete my 1year with the company, am I eligible to file for N470 through my company? or is my company said to be doing commerence with someother company in India as mention in naturalization guidelines.
My aim is to work with my company for 30 months after GC and get n470 and work from India for my company. File for citizenship 90 days before 5years, live in US distict for 3 months.

Is it possible? Please help.

We don't have enough information about your company to know whether it would qualify you for an N-470. USCIS has rules and court precedents to follow to determine what is a US corporation and what type of activity is acceptable for N-470 purposes, so you can't know for sure until you apply and get their decision. For example, some companies that you think are American are not US corporations according to USCIS, due to the percentage of foreign ownership or other foreign influences. However, a good indicator of whether your N-470 would be approved is what happened when somebody else in your company in similar employment recently applied for an N-470.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jackolantern,

Thanks for your reply. My company is in IT (Information Technology) and I am working there as a software developer. Recently we outsourced some of the software development work to India. Our company itself doesn't have any office in India nor our company makes income out of that. They are paying some company to hire 4 people and do the work. But say if my company sends me to India to supervise the development process then can i apply for N-470?

After spending 12 consecutive months in the US as a permanent resident with no trips outside the US, you can apply for an N-470 and see what happens. But we can't predict whether it will be approved or not. If your company has an attorney who is familiar with the rules for N-470 and the exact nature of your company's business and ownership, they might be able to give you an idea of what your chances for N-470 approval will be. But ultimately it is up to USCIS to decide and we can't predict their decision.