am i on GC status or H1B?

dharmender

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I went for GC interview at local USCIS office 3 weeks back. My GC was approved and i was told that platic card be delivered in few weeks. I havent got the card yet. I didnt get GC stamp on passport.

So am i on GC status or H1B as of today?

Thanks

Hi

I went for GC interview at local USCIS office 3 weeks back. My GC was approved and i was told that platic card be delivered in few weeks. I havent got the card yet. I didnt get GC stamp on passport.

So am i on GC status or H1B as of today?

Thanks

You are no longer a non-immigrant dude. U have a green card, so your H1B DOESNT count no more. So archive it away nicely. :D

{WHat follows is bad advice & might be against ur company's policies}

If I were you I wouldnt tell my employers though, and wait to see what they say when your H1B expires. If u are valued they'd try to renew it. If they want u gone, theyd ask u to leave. And would u care? hahaha

turns out this guy got his gc from his employers, so he is on the wrong forum. I assumed he got his through falling in love with a USC :) ~ So my advice is misplaced :(

sometimes people are told that they are approved, don't get a stamp in the passport, and sometime later it turns out they weren't approved afterall, just waiting till security check is over....

I was told during GC interview that my security clearance is done.

sometimes people are told that they are approved, don't get a stamp in the passport, and sometime later it turns out they weren't approved afterall, just waiting till security check is over....