Am I insane? I want to compare if I am alone...

mv1211

Registered Users (C)
After years of forgetting about everything, since last week I have started logging on my USCIS account daily and that too almost 10 times a day to check LUD changes. Am I crazy?

1. How many of you check your LUDs every day?

2. If you do daily, how many times in day do you check.

mv1211

Trust me You are not alone. I guess the trick is to immerse ourselves in somethign else and forget about this mess. like get into an intresting project, go on vaction etc. Well, if your project is boring then nothing more intresting than being on this portal and checking for new messages.

u are perfectly normal and of sound mind

You are just doing what every one else is doing or has done.Hence enjoy the status monitor screen like cricket score.Bottom line is u are normal ,not insane.Not checking the site could signal some thing.:)
Thanks
BBI

After years of forgetting about everything, since last week I have started logging on my USCIS account daily and that too almost 10 times a day to check LUD changes. Am I crazy?

mv1211

mv1211

I didn't count! but more than 10 times for sure. you are not alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I check for about 20-30 times a day or sometimes more. Starting from 6 'o' clock in the morning to 12 'o' clock at night.
My wife is fed of me checking this so frequently.
Now a days I pray for just an LUD, not even an approval. I am tired of seeing the same f****g date

Lol

I do every 10 20 mins. I am on messenger so i don't check my mails so frequently but i check lud every 10 20 mins and along with that i visit this site too.

Some times it even makes us to think, those LUD columns are just plain Static HTML. As part of the approval process, Every time they approve a case they might have to ask for a new deployment of the application also. :) . Probably that is what is causing the whole delay in 485 processing (Cannot explain my frustration any more)

what else will a 4 year wait make you - insane for sure!

My PD is not even current...that doesn't prevent me from checking LUD every 5 mins....the word probably is "desperate" more than "insane".

thanks guys...uscis make you doubt yourself...

you wont believe how much i wanted to punch the io guy at the infopass today...i am 100% sure that would have expedited the case but the result wldnt have been what i want them to be...you know what i mean...

every one you talk to wants you to call someone else...when you get someone they dont know anything...and when you ask anyone else who can help...they know of no one... its always someone at some other place is at fault...

I have been doing this since January, by now I am a veteran. I have got two monitors on my desk. One is used for refreshing USCIS page and the other is for sending congratulatory messages to those who are getting apporved on this forum.
--Naveen Oshos

I check the USCIS for status update/news everyday if I am not very busy at work (less at home). Once I have my mind set on some interesting project - I don't care about anything else.

thats funny!!! so i guess if you have to work then you would need third monitor...

I have been doing this since January, by now I am a veteran. I have got two monitors on my desk. One is used for refreshing USCIS page and the other is for sending congratulatory messages to those who are getting apporved on this forum.
--Naveen Oshos

you are not alone

Same here,
I check USCIS case status page and this forum at least every hour.
This is normal. What is not normal is to make people wait like that in limbo. Of course, since the immigration petitions approved it basically means that 485 approval is just a formality. As my lawyer said - this is just about waiting. These people dont understand it, they never been in our situation and never will be.

What they dont understand is the "being in limbo situation" will make anybody sick and nervouse. I dont know what I am doing here anymore. Maybe I had to go to other country, or just stay in my country, maybe I would have less money, but for sure I wouldn't miss the torture known as "pending status".

YOu know what I have been doing since from June 1st.

Stopped working in office, reading immigration portal
checking luds every 30mts.
stopped working out

I am afraid that i will go crazy if i dont get my gc in next 1 or 2 months.

That sounds like me :p
YOu know what I have been doing since from June 1st.

Stopped working in office, reading immigration portal
checking luds every 30mts.
stopped working out

I am afraid that i will go crazy if i dont get my gc in next 1 or 2 months.

You are not alone, but this does not mean it's healthy. This is obsessive/compulsive in a way. I've been checking for my LUD's every day (including Sundays! :eek: ) for the past 2 years or so. I probably do it 4-5 times a day. I actually saw a shrink for a month just to go through the mess in my head that's caused by this f.cking immigration quagmire. We are placed in very irrational social conditions. Our lives are thwarted and freedoms are curtailed. So it's difficult to adapt without creating irrational mind games like looking up LUDs 40 times a day or drinking hard. But there are ways out of insanity. Simple ones actually, like meditation, or getting creative with art... Stuff like that. Try not to get sucked into compulsive habbits.:cool:

The only time I work is when some new guy/ subordinate has some issues I got to his machine and help out ;-)
--Naveen Oshos
thats funny!!! so i guess if you have to work then you would need third monitor...