Am I in a BIG Trouble now ? .....

GCJhalak

Registered Users (C)
I seem to be very unlucky ......

INS sent me and my wife RFEs for getting information on the employer, Fed Tax returns and many many many more documents ..... on my employer [ who happens to have a 35, 000 strong workforce ] and me.

I've given my correct name to INS for 485 i.e.

First Name as First Name and
Middle Name as Middle Name

and I don't know why it has been used other way since I entered this country ... as

First name became Middle Name
Middle Name became first name ..... [ I should have got it corrected ]

Now, even in my payroll, HR, tax returns .... and every other place it is jumbled with First being a middle ........

I am completely confused .. what might happen ......
Guys !!! Please suggest ... what should I do ...

Please help me ....

GCJhalak said:
I seem to be very unlucky ......

INS sent me and my wife RFEs for getting information on the employer, Fed Tax returns and many many many more documents ..... on my employer [ who happens to have a 35, 000 strong workforce ] and me.

This is scary! Why would they ask you about the employer financial data? Didn't they approve the I-140? I thought once it's approved, they wouldn't care about the employer anymore unless you "filed" AC-21. All my reasoning is of course if indeed there's some logic to the whole process.

I am scared for my case if they RFE the same. My employer wouldn't go trough the trouble for getting and gathering all this. All the promised me was an employment letter.

Produce documents they have asked for.
Also produce documents to prove that XY Jhalak and YX Jhalak are one and the same person. Documents from back home, from banks, but this X <--> Y switch should exist in the documents you submit. Tell INS that its OK to switch first and middle names in your country/culture thats why it happened...

I did apply for AC 21 ....
I know ... it is scary ... asking for all the 4 quarters of tax filings etc ... and many many docs ....

I, now, completely conclude that these fools have no idea what the company we are working for .... 35,000 employees in many states .... this nut who produced this RFE is completely ignorant of the fact that there are huge employers beside INS ....

I'll submit my secondary school certificate, high school, and many other certificates possible to substantiate that I am who I am ... but after 2 years of 485 waiting this... is what I got .....

I don't kno how my company responds to me .... they already said that the request need to come from the INS directly and not in this form ...

What should I do ..... I am completely scared ....

GCJhalak,
Please don't be scared, you have not committed any crime by applying for GC, so do not worry. First and foremost I will advice you to get a competent immigration lawyer involved, and let him prepare the documents. If you have a lawyer and have faiith on him, use him. Otherwise get a new lawyer. Remember the impetus is on COMPETENT and IMMIGRATION lawyer. Do not even attempt to reply yourself.

I know this may mean extra expense for you, but it will be foolish on your part to try to reply yourself. Let the lawyer deal with the company and the RFE. Do stay involved with what he is preparing, however, but let him do the paperwork. That is all I can say to you for now my friend.

GCJhalak,
My wife had a similar problem with firstName and MiddleName jumble..., we found this within one month of our arrival into US... This problem started because..., her name as it appears in the passport... She reluctantly accepted her middle name as her first name for the last 6.5 yrs...
She plans to change her name now..., after GC....
Maybe, you should stick on to the name as it appears on your passport until your GC is approved.
Good luck..

This RFE might be due to AC21. At time of filing 140, company submits financial info to show USCIS their ability to sponsor you as permanent employee. Since USCIS doesn't have financial info about your new company, they issued RFE to prove their ability to pay. You might not worry about sequence of name at this point (unless it is mentioned in RFE we do not know about).

GCJhalak,

Do not worry. Calm down. Write down what documents you have, what can you get from your parents and what kind of affidavits you can produce, if any. Just have that list in front of you. And act accordingly. Get the help from your lawyer, company and friends and forum.

I am sure you will be able to do it. I had similar RFE on my husband's case. But was able to fix it with lawyer.

Best Luck!

Mugdha.