Am I eligible?

Dominic Salomon

Hi I wonder if some light could be shed on my question I'm a south African citizen my deceased farther and grandfather and grandmother were all American citizens, my question is am I eligible for an ancestral visa/citizenship?

When were you born? Were you born out of wedlock? Had your father lived in the US for more than 5 years after turning 14?

Hi I wonder if some light could be shed on my question I'm a south African citizen my deceased farther and grandfather and grandmother were all American citizens, my question is am I eligible for an ancestral visa/citizenship?

Thank you for your response to my question, I was born in 1986 and my parents were married at the time. My farther was living in the USA and finished his education there and as far as I can remember we have his social security number. If I'm eligible I'd like to know the process I should take?

All dates indicate that you are eligible for US citizenship via birth. Were you born before November 14, 1986 or after?

Take a look at this link:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_nationality_law#Birth_abroad_to_one_United_States_citizen

Thank you for your response to my question, I was born in 1986 and my parents were married at the time. My farther was living in the USA and finished his education there and as far as I can remember we have his social security number. If I'm eligible I'd like to know the process I should take?

Hi triple citizen

Wow you've been a star as far as information is concerned, my birthday is 31/01/1986 does that mean I'm eligible? What do you suggest I do from here with this process?:cool:

Hi triple citizen

Wow you've been a star as far as information is concerned, my birthday is 31/01/1986 does that mean I'm eligible? What do you suggest I do from here with this process?:cool:

If you can answer these questions with a YES then you are already a us citizen. Contact your local US Consulate for more info.

1) Is your father's name on your birth certificate?

2) Do you have a copy of you mom and dad's marriage certificate?

3) Can you prove to the US Consulate that your father was an American citizen?

4) Did your father live in the US for 10 years or more? Do you have any evidence of this?

1) Is your father's name on your birth certificate? yes

2) Do you have a copy of you mom and dad's marriage certificate? yes

3) Can you prove to the US Consulate that your father was an American citizen? my farther had a social security number

4) Did your father live in the US for 10 years or more? Do you have any evidence of this? i'm sure there will be some records of him living there his from his educational institutions and work life there.

For #3, you will need your father's birth certificate or passport

For #4, as long as you have proof of any kind showing 10 years of physical presence by your father in the US, you are good to go. 5 of those 10 years must be after his 14th birthday.

3) Can you prove to the US Consulate that your father was an American citizen? my farther had a social security number

4) Did your father live in the US for 10 years or more? Do you have any evidence of this? i'm sure there will be some records of him living there his from his educational institutions and work life there.