Am i eligible to file the N600?

Roywh93

I recently tried to file the N400 online... As i went to file i got an alert stating that i may already be a citizen...
1. my father got citizenship when i was 13 years old back in 2007
2. i have been a green card holder for 5 years
3. i came over to the united states when i was 18 (in 2011) and my dad filed for change for status
4. i am now 24 and have had a green card for 5 years but i did get the green card until after i turned 18
5. my dad did make it known that he has two children when he was doing his citizenship back in 2007 as they asked about it

Seems as though you are a citizen

Easiest way is apply for your american passport

You”ll need the original Citizenship certificate from your dad. To send in with your Application

Seems as though you are a citizen

Easiest way is apply for your american passport

You”ll need the original Citizenship certificate from your dad. To send in with your Application
So it doesn’t matter that I got a green card after I was 18? and didn’t live in the country until I was 18? I tried calling USCIS and I kept getting different answers... I can tell on the phone that they were reading some script like maybe some question database, the info was for sure not coming from someone’s knowledge lol

So it doesn’t matter that I got a green card after I was 18? and didn’t live in the country until I was 18? I tried calling USCIS and I kept getting different answers... I can tell on the phone that they were reading some script like maybe some question database, the info was for sure not coming from someone’s knowledge lol

It should matter, if you were not under 18 and living with your father as an LPR I don’t see how he could have transferred citizenship to you. What was the wording of the note you got - just “may be” a citizen?
Are you certain that you at no stage entered on an immigrant visa before you turned 18, even if you didn’t stay?
Maybe best to schedule an infopass, take all your documentation and try figure it out there.

It should matter, if you were not under 18 and living with your father as an LPR I don’t see how he could have transferred citizenship to you. What was the wording of the note you got - just “may be” a citizen?
Are you certain that you at no stage entered on an immigrant visa before you turned 18, even if you didn’t stay?
Maybe best to schedule an infopass, take all your documentation and try figure it out there.
Ok cool thank you, I find go to school over here back in like 2005 only stayed for 7-8 months I’ll find out how
Ok cool thank you, i did go to school over here for like 7-8 months I’ll find out how.

This is the alert I got...

Attachments

• 347071D9-32EA-4A57-A76E-C2D813B420C2.jpeg
    347071D9-32EA-4A57-A76E-C2D813B420C2.jpeg
    250.3 KB · Views: 3
Hm, the message is not definitive.
Definitely find out what your status was in 2005 - if I understand it correctly, if you came in on an immigrant visa when you were under 18 and your father had naturalized already you would automatically have become a citizen on entering the US (in which case it’s odd this didn’t come up when you applied for your green card at age 18 though)

Hm, the message is not definitive.
Definitely find out what your status was in 2005 - if I understand it correctly, if you came in on an immigrant visa when you were under 18 and your father had naturalized already you would automatically have become a citizen on entering the US (in which case it’s odd this didn’t come up when you applied for your green card at age 18 though)
Yeah I’ll find out about 2005, I came on vacation when I was about to turn 18 then decided to stay so my dad applied for change of status, he didn’t do it through attourney also, thank you for your help