Alternate for TN renewals with borders closed

tparvaiz

Hi,

my TN is coming to it's expiry soon. With borders closed (or not safe to visit) is there an alternative for TN renewals (online or via post). if there is, how long will it take for the renewal.

Thanks

I-129 is always available. While it may take time for approval, you are covered by a grace period of 240 days past expiry if you file before your current TN expires. So your firm needs to get busy on I-129 now.

Please, these are basic questions. have your employer's HR look into this. Or google yourself. If there are specific questions that you or your employer can;t seem to figure out, then....

May I know what is I 129 and how is it different than tn
also, what’s the process for filling it
thanks
This was new to me as well as I received all my 3 previous TNs obtained at the border so no way of knowing I-129. Thanks to Covid-19 and my HR they explained that this is for a petition for non-immigrant workers (including TNs).

My employer submitted I-129 for me in April and it appears that January 28 is the last "received date" and it would take any where to 4 months. FYI: Received date is the date when USCIS received the I-129 from your employer and send you a receipt number.