Almost 2 years of not having news of our k1 visa application

mallory_s87

Hello everybody, I'm new here.
I don't know if someone relates to my experience.
My fianceé submitted the application in december 2017, (I'm the beneficiary) and till now we haven't received any letter or something from the government. We hired a lawyer, and the explanation he gave us is that application are delayed due to the immigration issues happening now in USA, and the only thing he could found about it is that our application is "Pending", don't know what does this means and I'm starting to feel really frustrated.
Does anyone knows what could it be? or any clue about it?
Thank you

Is the fiance still the fiance, or has anything changed?

Something isn't right. A fiance petition does not take this long.

Hello everybody, I'm new here.
I don't know if someone relates to my experience.
My fianceé submitted the application in december 2017, (I'm the beneficiary) and till now we haven't received any letter or something from the government. We hired a lawyer, and the explanation he gave us is that application are delayed due to the immigration issues happening now in USA, and the only thing he could found about it is that our application is "Pending", don't know what does this means and I'm starting to feel really frustrated.
Does anyone knows what could it be? or any clue about it?
Thank you

You didn’t even get a receipt of the initial filing? Did your check get cashed?

You didn’t even get a receipt of the initial filing? Did your check get cashed?
Hello, indeed, the check was cashed, we didn't get a physical notification from them saying that they received the application, according to our lawyer he said it got lost but that they definitely received our package

Hello, indeed, the check was cashed, we didn't get a physical notification from them saying that they received the application, according to our lawyer he said it got lost but that they definitely received our package
Your check got cashed !! Have your fiance make an info pass . Doesn't sound right . Was the lawyer retained before or after the mailing of the application?

Sounds fishy. If your lawyer can confirm that they received the package then he can get the receipt number for you. I’d suggest you ask him for that so you can check the case status online yourself. And you should be able to get a duplicate receipt notice. But honestly? I think something is wrong, it’s unlikely to be pending after just receipt for 2 years. Did anyone help you fill in the forms?

Your check got cashed !! Have your fiance make an info pass . Doesn't sound right . Was the lawyer retained before or after the mailing of the application?
Info pass? whats that? How can I get it? The lawyer is a friend of my fiancee's mom so at the beginning he helped us as a favor, and this year we gave him a retain :/

Sounds fishy. If your lawyer can confirm that they received the package then he can get the receipt number for you. I’d suggest you ask him for that so you can check the case status online yourself. And you should be able to get a duplicate receipt notice. But honestly? I think something is wrong, it’s unlikely to be pending after just receipt for 2 years. Did anyone help you fill in the forms?
Hi Susie, I didn't know I could check online, I investigated a lot and I read in a few forums that is not accessible for the public to check these things online, but please can u help me with the link of where to check exactly so I would text the lawyer inmediately.
And the lawyer and his team helped us to fill in the form. I totally agree with u this is really reaaally weird of not knowing whats going on, I have been patient but been away from my bf this long is really hard.

Info pass? whats that? How can I get it? The lawyer is a friend of my fiancee's mom so at the beginning he helped us as a favor, and this year we gave him a retain :/

You can't get it, your American fiance could try. The fiance would need the receipt number to get info.

But if you're paying the lawyer, s/he should be able to get a status on the application using the receipt number. Sounds like the lawyer isn't very competent.

You can't get it, your American fiance could try. The fiance would need the receipt number to get info.

But if you're paying the lawyer, s/he should be able to get a status on the application using the receipt number. Sounds like the lawyer isn't very competent.
EXACTLY that's what I've been telling to my fiancee, this guy is suppose to be good but at this point I'm getting grr. I would tell my fiance about this info pass to see what we can do about it

Hi Susie, I didn't know I could check online, I investigated a lot and I read in a few forums that is not accessible for the public to check these things online, but please can u help me with the link of where to check exactly so I would text the lawyer inmediately.
And the lawyer and his team helped us to fill in the form. I totally agree with u this is really reaaally weird of not knowing whats going on, I have been patient but been away from my bf this long is really hard.
You need the receipt number to check online. https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do
You can also create an account at my.uscis.gov - i’m not sure if you need the receipt number for that.