Age-Out: Expedite Criteria

assur

Registered Users (C)
Would it work for my son who will age-out (Turn 21) July 2008?
Child protection act is very complicated
Please advise.
Where to send? Child case is at TSC and principal is at local office Newark, NJ.
Please see details in signature.

I think it will work, but consult a good lawyer ASAP. I read some where that that is one of the expediate criteria that you can try.

I think it will work, but consult a good lawyer ASAP. I read some where that that is one of the expediate criteria that you can try.
Thanks.
Due to separation of cases (USCIS-ERROR), has set me on fire. TSC says you should send exedite request to "local office" and ask local office to send your children cases from TSC to local office, Newark, New Jersey.
At the time of interview, the interviewer took all receipts of children and acknowledged she will send a request to TSC to bring these cases here at local office. Nothing happened and no request sent from local office as told by TSC IO.
I am really dealing with Century 21 USCIS services.

Thanks GCLingum
I'll try sending it to Ombusdman and USCIS.

assur,

Do the following:

1. Go to the USCIS Ombudsman's site (http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editorial_0497.shtm) and fill out the DHS Form 7001.

2. Print it out.

3. Attach a cover letter explaining what your problem is and why you need the request expedited.

4. Attach copies of pending I-485.

5. Mail the form to the mailing address on the same page above.

6. cc: the same letter (with Form 7001 and copy of I-485) to:

Constance L. Carter,
Supervisor
Customer Assistance Office, USCIS,
Department of Homeland Security
245 Murray Lane
Washington, D.C. 20529.

And mention this cc: at the end of your letter to the Ombudsman.

Expect to hear from the Ombudsman in 10 days. And keep us all posted in this thread as to the outcome of your efforts.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it work for my son who will age-out (Turn 21) July 2008?
Child protection act is very complicated
Please advise.
Where to send? Child case is at TSC and principal is at local office Newark, NJ.
Please see details in signature.

you may wish to view the aging out section at www.expatsvoice.org and share your story but in order someone to answer you you will need to post more details

assur,

Do the following:

1. Go to the USCIS Ombudsman's site (http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editorial_0497.shtm) and fill out the DHS Form 7001.

2. Print it out.

3. Attach a cover letter explaining what your problem is and why you need the request expedited.

6. cc: the same letter (with Form 7001 and copy of I-485) to:

Constance L. Carter,
Supervisor
245 Murray Lane
Washington, D.C. 20529.

Expect to hear from the Ombudsman in 10 days. And keep us all posted in this thread as to the outcome of your efforts.

Good Luck!
GCLingum, that is great. I'll send both
I have almost finished letter detailing all USCIS-error/Delays/correspondence.
I am not expecting favorable action but I do not let go this option.
Sure, I will.

assur,

Do the following:
2. Print it out.

A- Typed & printed 3 copies of DHS-7001.

A- Wrote 4 pages to explain the problems corresponding to each section of DHS-7001.
B- Prepared a cover letter for the office of Ombudman.

Completed:
A- Copies of I140, I485 (Self & Family)
B- Copies of responses received from USCIS, FBI, Senators, Congressman, INFOPASS
C- Age-out: Birth certificate of child concerned

Prepared:
A- Envelop/package

6. cc: the same letter (with Form 7001 and copy of I-485) to:Noted

Constance L. Carter,
Supervisor
245 Murray Lane
Washington, D.C. 20529.

Prepared:
A- Envelop/package

Good Luck!

Ombudsman Reponse: 45 Days to hear from USCIS

Wrote to USCIS-Ombudsman, not very much help as expected.
"...with 45 days to hear from USCIS..." letter received from ombudsman. Now USCIS response should be same as "...with 180 days/ 6 months...'.
I'll keep you posted.

EB2 ROW and you are still waiting since filing the I-485 in December 2004? You must be stuck in name check. Be prepared to file a WOM if this expedite request doesn't work.

EB2 ROW and you are still waiting since filing the I-485 in December 2004? You must be stuck in name check. Be prepared to file a WOM if this expedite request doesn't work.
Yes, this is all preparation. Thanks

All children cases transferred to NBC for standard interview

Here is the update:
TSC has transferred all children cases to NBC for standard interview.
Just to let you know: It is an ACTIVITY on the children cases after writing to Ombudsman. These children cases were separated - in error.
Lets see what is next?

Interview letters: From USCIS Newark, New Jersey

Regarding children cases:
After Transfer from TSC to NBC (11/03/2007), the attorney on file received interview letters for all children. There is no LUD on online portfolio.
These letters issued from Newark, New Jersey.
Date of interview: 11/20/2007 (Prompt Action). In the letters, only passports/birth certificates have been mentioned to bring.
Keep you all posted as and when I received any news.

Good info. Thanks.

How about person have already filed I 485 before 21 year and struck in the retrogression. Are they approve kid's case even though he/she is more than 21 year at the time of approval?

I know they expedite FBI name check for age out case. Are they expedite case struck in the retrogression?

There are four reasons which can trigger an expedite request. See my post in this thread: http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=264722

Good info. Thanks.

How about person have already filed I 485 before 21 year and struck in the retrogression. Are they approve kid's case even though he/she is more than 21 year at the time of approval?

I know they expedite FBI name check for age out case. Are they expedite case struck in the retrogression?
Check this out, a lots of discussion about aging-out
www.expatsvoice.org
CSPA (Child status protection Act) is very complicated, for employment based it protects the age (difference between I140 filling and approval) thats it. Please read it, it has a lot of information.
In my son's case, he will be age-out july 2008, my I140 filling date is Dec 9, 2004 and approval date is Feb 16, 2005. The difference between (12-09-2004 and 02-16-2005) 67 days will be subtracted from the age if he turns 21 at the time of adjudication, otherwise he has to leave the country. So I requested to expedite based on this factor.

I was worried about my daughter also and this is the explanation I got from my attorney:

Take the time between I-140 filed and I-140 adjudicated. Call that x-months.
Add the x-months to the 21 years, so now you have 21years + x months.
The child is protected by the Child Status protection and will not age out:
1] As long as a visa becomes available before your kids turns 21 years + x months
2] Your kid applies for adjustment of status within 1 year of the visa becoming available, or the I-140 being approved, whichever is later.

Check this out, a lots of discussion about aging-out
www.expatsvoice.org
CSPA (Child status protection Act) is very complicated, for employment based it protects the age (difference between I140 filling and approval) thats it. Please read it, it has a lot of information.
In my son's case, he will be age-out july 2008, my I140 filling date is Dec 9, 2004 and approval date is Feb 16, 2005. The difference between (12-09-2004 and 02-16-2005) 67 days will be subtracted from the age if he turns 21 at the time of adjudication, otherwise he has to leave the country. So I requested to expedite based on this factor.