Age out case

FuzzyBee

Hello,
I'm trying to find out more information on what I should do in order to get my sister the green card that she should currently be eligible based on the approval of the Child status protection act.
My aunt had filed immigration papers for my mother in the mid 80s. The INS sent my mother a notification 2 years ago but mailed it to an incorrect address. My mother who has not changed residence for 27 years never received anything and finally in May 2002 contacted the US consulate in Mumbai. They said that the papers were sent and on further research noticed a discrepency in the address. It was determined to be the INS's fault and my parents filed all the necessary paperwork immediately. Unfortunately my sister had passed 21 years of age in April 2002. What forms can I fill out and what process should I follow to get my sister the green card.

I do not even believe that you need the age out law. If it was a clerical mistake on part of the consulate then they must make an exception and give your mother and sister the visa.

Has someone tried speaking to the consul about it? I suggest that you email from here and ask who can you speak with with in the immigrant visa section. After you have the name of the individual, have them research the case and see what course of action can be taken.

Good luck