after I-140 H1 can get 3 years of extension .

yes, if your i140 is filed you can get 3years h1b1 extension.When you do file for h1b1 extension you need to submit a copy of the i140 receipt/approval which ever you have.

Hello,
I think you can file for H-1B extension if your 1-140 was filed atleast 365 days prior to filing for extension, however, I dont think you can apply for a 3 year extension. I think it is extended for one year at a time but I am not completely sure.

As far as i know,

You are eligible for 3 yr extensions on the H1 IF I-140 has been APPROVED (merely filing is not sufficient) and you cannot apply 485 due to retrogression.

Yes, PD is portable if I140 is approved

pvr726 said:
Visli: Are you asking this or saying this with some confirmation? Be clear please

Rajiv Khanna or murthy.com said (I forget which) that a priority date is for you to keep once your I140 is APPROVED. If you change jobs you will still have to restart labor and file a new I140 but you get to keep your old priority date. Furthermore you can do this regardless of whether your old labor was EB2 or EB3. Interesting isnt it?

6th year on H-1b, 7th year extensions...

Guys,

I recently joined a new company, and they will file for my perm soon, but unfortunately not before my 5 years on H-1B is up. From what I read on this forum, if my perm is approved, and my company files for the I-140 and that is approved too, can I get indefinite H-1B extensions beyond 6 years?

I am confused, because in the pre-perm days, don't think one could apply for LC if less than 365 days remained before 6 years on H-1B is up.

Would really appreciate your advice...