After got approved on asylum, If I need apply a social security card by myself?

Twenty second

Hi,guys,glad to here, I have a question:
After got approved on asylum, If I need apply a social security card by myself, or USCIS/SSA will send one to me automatically ?
Thanks

Before the Covid, if you got approved, the asylum office would automatically mail an A5 EAD to you and then you will receive your SSN from the SSA. After the Covid, you might need to call your local SSA to schedule an in-person appointment to apply for your SSN.

Before the Covid, if you got approved, the asylum office would automatically mail an A5 EAD to you and then you will receive your SSN from the SSA. After the Covid, you might need to call your local SSA to schedule an in-person appointment to apply for your SSN.

thank you so much,stay safe

Hi guys,
I have recently been granted asylum but I already have a RESTRICTED SSN from before i applied for asylum. I believe I did not select the option to receive a new social security when I applied for asylum. How can I remove the restriction from my current Social security card that i have? Just go to social security office and bring my approval letter?

Hi guys,
I have recently been granted asylum but I already have a RESTRICTED SSN from before i applied for asylum. I believe I did not select the option to receive a new social security when I applied for asylum. How can I remove the restriction from my current Social security card that i have? Just go to social security office and bring my approval letter?
yes