After FP case not updated

rakeshr

Registered Users (C)
I had my FP on Nov 30th and case is not updated yet. My wife also had same day FP and her case was updated and received IL also. I called up FBI and I was told that they have sent the FP results same day to USCIS. I know another person who had FP next day and his case also got updated (IL letter sent).

Is it required that interview should happen both for husband and wife at the same day/time.

I called up USIC and was told to wait for 60 days to put any note on my case.

Any one in the same boat ?

Citizenship is based on 5 years completion on GC.

Any input will be helpful.

I had my FP on Nov 30th and case is not updated yet. My wife also had same day FP and her case was updated and received IL also. I called up FBI and I was told that they have sent the FP results same day to USCIS. I know another person who had FP next day and his case also got updated (IL letter sent).

Is it required that interview should happen both for husband and wife at the same day/time.

I called up USIC and was told to wait for 60 days to put any note on my case.

Any one in the same boat ?

Citizenship is based on 5 years completion on GC.

Any input will be helpful.

Every case is independent of each other, even for husband and wife when it comes to naturalization. Watching timelines of other applicants will only indicate when you can expect IL but it is no garauntee that you will get it. If you don't hear from USCIS for 3 to 4 months after giving FP, then there is nothing much you can do. You can try calling them at regular intervals to find the status but it won't help in expediting your case. Until USCIS gets FBI feedback and your A# file in hand, they will not move an inch. That's my experience. If you don't hear from them 4 months after giving FP, then try other venues available to get some result. In the meantime, there is a seperate thread FP - IL in this forum. You can see valuable info. there. Look at my timeline below and you will understand.

Just chill out till end of year, and if you still do not have an update by then, and only then panic. All cases are independent, and just because 1 case got processed faster, does not mean that all others will.

I had my FP on 11/23 and still no updates, and no change in LUD. I am not expecting anything to happen for at least another two weeks.