After favorable recommendation: USCIS Processing Times?

I

icefresh89

Does anybody know the recent processing times at USCIS for J-1 waiver based on No Objection after the Department of State has issued a favorable recommendation?

I'm especially asking for the Vermont Service Center (receipt number begins with EAC).
USCIS tells me new stories every time I call: We don't know the processing time, we don't know the processing time but it's probably 4-5 months, we are working on February 15th applications... And there are no processing times on the web site either...

Mine is there since 4 weeks and no decision has been made. I am so nervous. From old timelines it was always approved within 2-4 weeks...

Hi,

did you manage to talk to someone in USCIS? I called the embassy here, even called the state department and email to USCIS (Since I am calling outside United States) no one can tell me which number I should call. The website only show the toll free number which I am unable to call.

[I'm especially asking for the Vermont Service Center (receipt number begins with EAC).
USCIS tells me new stories every time I call: We don't know the processing time, we don't know the processing time but it's probably 4-5 months, we are working on February 15th applications... And there are no processing times on the web site either...]

you mean the USCIS actually told you that they are working on 15 Feb applications?

I have not receive anything from the USCIS via mail or email since the State of Dept sent favourable recommendation on 23rd July 2012.

Hi,

did you manage to talk to someone in USCIS? I called the embassy here, even called the state department and email to USCIS (Since I am calling outside United States) no one can tell me which number I should call. The website only show the toll free number which I am unable to call.

you mean the USCIS actually told you that they are working on 15 Feb applications?
I have not receive anything from the USCIS via mail or email since the State of Dept sent favourable recommendation on 23rd July 2012.

Pazzion,
Good news! My waiver which was received on July 16th by USCIS Vermont got approved today. I got an update via text/email. It will probably take another 10 days to get the formal waiver in the mail, but at least I'm covered for my green card now.

Since your recommendation was sent on July 23rd, you should get it soon too. Mine was sent on July 10th. Once USCIS confirm you the receipt and you have a USCIS case number, sign up for eAlerts on USCIS web site. If you are abroad it probably takes a while to receive the receipt if it already takes one week within the US East Coast.

Unfortunately I don't have another phone number for USCIS than the 1-800. Try to get a US Voice-over-IP number and use a Voice-over-IP phone or App to call the 1-800 number. That's how I handle US calls when I'm abroad.

And just hang in there. It should get approved within the next 1-3 weeks! Don't let the people at the USCIS National Service Center hotline let you go crazy like me. I called again (before I received the approval text) saying that they told me they're working on February 15th and I don't find that in any statistic. The lady told me: I don't know where my co-worker got that from but that's not true. We don't have statistics on this kind of form and cannot provide you any estimate.

Thanks to everyone from this forum! It was a great resource for the waiver process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pazzion,
Good news! My waiver which was received on July 16th by USCIS Vermont got approved today. I got an update via text/email. It will probably take another 10 days to get the formal waiver in the mail, but at least I'm covered for my green card now.

Since your recommendation was sent on July 23rd, you should get it soon too. Mine was sent on July 10th. Once USCIS confirm you the receipt and you have a USCIS case number, sign up for eAlerts on USCIS web site. If you are abroad it probably takes a while to receive the receipt if it already takes one week within the US East Coast.

Unfortunately I don't have another phone number for USCIS than the 1-800. Try to get a US Voice-over-IP number and use a Voice-over-IP phone or App to call the 1-800 number. That's how I handle US calls when I'm abroad.

And just hang in there. It should get approved within the next 1-3 weeks! Don't let the people at the USCIS National Service Center hotline let you go crazy like me. I called again (before I received the approval text) saying that they told me they're working on February 15th and I don't find that in any statistic. The lady told me: I don't know where my co-worker got that from but that's not true. We don't have statistics on this kind of form and cannot provide you any estimate.

Thanks to everyone from this forum! It was a great resource for the waiver process.

Congrats !! I m keeping my fingers cross for mine ..thanks for the information ..will keep faith

Congrats !! I m keeping my fingers cross for mine ..thanks for the information ..will keep faith

icefresh89 , one more thing. when USCIS sent you the approval document, did they use their own envelope or our self address envelope when we submit to the DOS?

I hope the mail from DOS for the favourable recommendation is not lost in the mail