After asylum[form i589] interview,I received Referral Notice.

rebaozi

Registered Users (C)
After asylum interview,HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,everyone!
When I finish my interview,I felt my asylum interview was good,and I felt my case can be proved... coz I can answer all the questions in the interview.
After 2 weeks I received the"referral notice"
The referral notice said my case have not granted,I am ordered to appear before an immigration judge.
My question is
What mean is "I am ordered to appear before an immigration judge"?that place is court or what?
Why I havn't been directly asked to go to court?
And the notice said I may request asylum again before the immigration judge and my request will be considered...
what should I do?Request my case again and get a new interview again???
I don't get it,I am very grateful of any help guys.Thanks!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ur case is whole new, a judge will look in to ur case to see if u should stay or go back to where u came from. this is a new case. so u have opportunity to make ur case for asylum again.

ur case is whole new, a judge will look in to ur case to see if u should stay or go back to where u came from. this is a new case. so u have opportunity to make ur case for asylum again.

thank you for your reply,does anybody been this situation like me??

You are NOT making a new case! You do not file another application. You are continuing with the same case, before a different person. You continue to press the same case before the Immigration Judge (IJ), you may strengthen your case, and explain your self better.

IF you sudenly change your story drastically, you will be called a liar (not credible) and risk be deemed to have filed a "frivolous" application....that is a very bad thing because you would be banned from any immigration benefit for life.

If the IJ also denies the claim, you will be able to file an appeal to the BIA (Board of Immigration Appeals), if the BIA also, denies it, you can file in the Court of Appeals. Last stop is the U.S. Supreme Court.

ya i have same case as yours i was referred to ij, i went there the first date that was written in the white paper but without a lawyer and the judge set my master hearing on september, but unfortunately i didnt get the EAD coz he also stopped my clock prior to 180 days, so if you are planning on going without a lawyer make sure u communicate with the judge coz the thing is my judge told me i would get my EAD but then idk why he stopped the clock, so ask him POLITELY if he will stop the clock since u want EAD to work and pay for lawyer. I think the judge should answer ur question. One of the lawyer i consult with told me sometimes out of pity they will not stop the clock and let it run so u can get EAD, i thought my judge was going to do the same but nope he stopped it even tho he told me i would get my EAD, so dont be afraid to ask...hope this helped..

ya i have same case as yours i was referred to ij, i went there the first date that was written in the white paper but without a lawyer and the judge set my master hearing on september, but unfortunately i didnt get the EAD coz he also stopped my clock prior to 180 days, so if you are planning on going without a lawyer make sure u communicate with the judge coz the thing is my judge told me i would get my EAD but then idk why he stopped the clock, so ask him POLITELY if he will stop the clock since u want EAD to work and pay for lawyer. I think the judge should answer ur question. One of the lawyer i consult with told me sometimes out of pity they will not stop the clock and let it run so u can get EAD, i thought my judge was going to do the same but nope he stopped it even tho he told me i would get my EAD, so dont be afraid to ask...hope this helped..

This is very helped,Thank you so much man!!!!I hope anybody like us will all proved finally!Good luck!
Ok...that means,you have to hire a lawyer right?I want to find a free lawyer...The judge will know my lawyer is free and stop my EAD clock??

fruckstation good luck to you,remember never laugh to IO,I think that's why I didn't past the interview,my interview was good,I can answer all the questions,and everything detail IO asked to me I answered make sense,u know I think I will past...lol sometimes u don't know the IO is a killer or angel.

You are not making a new case! You do not other applications. You continue to use the same case, a different person. You continue in the same case, the Immigration Judge, you can enhance your case and explain yourself better.

Everybody,I want to hire a lawyer for my case,how much for hire a lawyer?My first hearing I want go by myself,my master hearing I will hire a lawyer,anyone know the price in Los angeles area???And any advise for hire a lawyer??

Everybody,I want to hire a lawyer for my case,how much for hire a lawyer?My first hearing I want go by myself,my master hearing I will hire a lawyer,anyone know the price in Los angeles area???And any advise for hire a lawyer??

I feel bad and trully sympathize with you. I have waited for my decision for seven months now and am praying for the best. Find a list of free Los Angeles lawyers also known as Pro Bono Attorneys in the link below. ALL THE BEST MAN!
http://www.google.com/#q=los+angele...AA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=8d2a21525578d8c4

mr.bird thank you man!!!good luck!!!If I hire a free lawyer is it effect my EAD card??

Your EAD clock will only stop if you fail to do something you have been asked to by the Department of Homeland Security or you inconveniencing the process in any way e.g failing to appear for fingerprints, interview, motion to change venue from one state to another. The asylum clock keeps a track of how many days are credited towards the time an asylum application has been pending, without counting any delay caused by the asylum applicant. Thanks and all the best.

Mr.Bird,your reply helped alot for me!!!Thank you so much.
How should I check my EAD clock status,may I check online or ...???

HELP ME PLZ!

I applied to asylum in August 2010. I have been referred to court. In Feb., I applied for EAD that was exactly after 162 days. I received a letter yesterday says my request is denied because I applied before 180 days. I assume the clock has stopped. I have no idea what should I do.

HELP ME PLZ!

I applied to asylum in August 2010. I have been referred to court. In Feb., I applied for EAD that was exactly after 162 days. I received a letter yesterday says my request is denied because I applied before 180 days. I assume the clock has stopped. I have no idea what should I do.

After you receive a rejection letter, you need to wait another 18 days, and then re-apply.

Thanks again.Do you know how to choose a good lawyer that I can get more probability of winning my case?

Let me tell you, a lawyer is a business person who earns a living from winning or losing cases. So, there is no 'good lawyer'. There can only be a cooperative lawyer. You are the best lawyer in your own case. Challenging your lawyer with questions and information you have gathered of past similar cases makes the lawyer know that you know something and so they cooperates. Do not let the lawyer tell you what to tell the judge, but tell the lawyer to prepare your case according to what YOU want to tell the judge because you know the story better than the lawyer. He has second hand while you have first hand information about your case. (THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND I MAY BE WRONG)