After 8 weeks of not checking the boards, I see not much has changed...

angiodan

Registered Users (C)
Took an break from the boards due to the frustration with 2002 filers getting approvals, and still waiting for my fp notice from june 2001.

So for the hell of it, called TSC today, and decided to play dumb. Actually got through on the first try, waited only 10 min. for an IIO. Here is the transcript.

IIO: Reciept # please.

Me: SRC-******

IIO: This is an I485 case.

Me: Yes, my reciept shows that processing should take between 240-365 days, and my case has been pending for over a year.

IIO: Did you not hear the automated message that these cases take over 700 days now.

Me: I didn't listen to the automated message. 700 days! What do you mean? That's crazy!

IIO: Crazy it may be, but that's what it is. We are working on August 2000 right now, you've got a year to go.

Me: A couple of friends of mine who applied late last year and the beginning of this year have already been approved. How can that be?

IIO: I don't know anything about that. They may have been age-out cases.

Me: If by age-out, you mean if they have dependant children who will turn 21 soon, that is not the case. They don't have any kids.

IIO: Well, like I said, we are working on 8/2000 cases.

Me: So, there is nothing you can do to look into speeding up my case, like getting my fingerprints done.

IIO: We have no control over the ordering of fingerprint notices. They are done by a national scheduler.

Me: Well, I guess there isn't much else to do but wait, is there.

IIO: No sorry, you just have to wait till your time comes. We can't do anything from this end.

So, as I've said before, more power and luck to those getting the fast processing; the rest of us just get to rot.

And as to all the theories on why some cases are processed and when, who the hell cares! TSC is a completely worthless s&*^hole, and there is no use wasting time, money or energy trying to get anything done with your case, until your RD matches the bull%^&t date that TSC puts out.

And since I'm on a roll, the proposed internet tracking by INS will just be more crapola. So not only will you hear "You've got mail", but you will also now hear "We are processing 8/2000 cases" and "Fingerprints are scheduled by the national scheduler". Won't that be great!

Back to my exile, see you all when I get an FP notice.

Oh, for all who care,
EB3 Others
RD 6/26/01
ND 8/15/01

Something to make you feel better.

I filed my i-485 in march 2000 (yes, 2000), RD : 03/31/2000; ND : 06/05/2000 and still waiting for my approval.
:eek:

debjani

debjani, you should definitely call INS about this. It's been 2 year and half! Did you get FP or RFE? This is not acceptable. I feel for you ...

You are absolutely right!

The TSC (The Sh*t Center) just becomes very close to a bottomless basket: More and more applications are going in, less and less adjudications are coming out, it just becomes a curse!