Affidavit of Support

sreeleshk

Registered Users (C)
If say I am a USC and I live alone, If I am to provide the affidavit of support for my wife,

Is my size of the household considered as 1 (just myself) - $13, 537.00 (using the poverty line guideline 2010, August)
or
Is the size of the household considered as 2 (i and my wife who would be joininh)
(using the poverty line guideline 2010, August)

if so what should be the min income i should be having, i know its 125 % of the poverty line...

Do I have to show the income requirements for all the past 5 years (I have the copies of the tax transcripts that i used for naturalization paperwork that i had in july), or is it enough that i furnish it for the latest year (2010-2011)

poverty line guideline 2010, August
======================================================
FAMILY SIZE 100% OF POVERTY GUILDLINES 125% OF POVERTY GUILDLINES

1 $10, 830.00 $13, 537.00

2 $14, 570.00 $18, 212.00

I also have questions on I-864

The form instruction page 3 says:" If the intending immigrant is your spouse, his or her income can be included if it will continue from the SAME SOURCE after he or she obtain lawful permanent resident status."

1. What does the SAME SOURCE mean here? Does the income need to come from the same employer? What if job changes or quit job after getting the greencard?

2. If the sponsor has sufficient income (above 125% poverty line), it is still a good idea to include the intending immigrant (i.e., the spouse)'s income in the annual household income and tax return 1040? Will it make the case stronger and get approved easier? Or it is not necessary or not too much help?

Thanks for your help. Any input will be appreciated.

If say I am a USC and I live alone, If I am to provide the affidavit of support for my wife,

Is my size of the household considered as 1 (just myself) - $13, 537.00 (using the poverty line guideline 2010, August)
or
Is the size of the household considered as 2 (i and my wife who would be joininh)
(using the poverty line guideline 2010, August)

if so what should be the min income i should be having, i know its 125 % of the poverty line...

Do I have to show the income requirements for all the past 5 years (I have the copies of the tax transcripts that i used for naturalization paperwork that i had in july), or is it enough that i furnish it for the latest year (2010-2011)

poverty line guideline 2010, August
FAMILY SIZE 100% OF POVERTY GUILDLINES 125% OF POVERTY GUILDLINES

1 $10, 830.00 $13, 537.00

2 $14, 570.00 $18, 212.00

It will be for 2 people, One for you and 1 for the intending immigrant, $18,212.00.

Affidavit of support.

It will be for 2 people, One for you and 1 for the intending immigrant, $18,212.00.

Do I have to making over the 125 guideline for 2 people for just the last year (2010-2011) or do I have to provide the info for the last 5 years or 3 years or so? I had been unemployed and the unemployment benefits was my only income for duding '08,09. even with just that i am sure that i made over the poverty guide line 125 %. and in 2010 when i started working I made well over 100k.

please let me know, of how many year's income documents need to be produced (just last years, last 3 years or last 5 years)

Do i need a co-sponsor
Will my being unemployed in '08 and '09 be a draw back for me and result in the application to be delayed/denied. I know that they cant deny me based on this, they can request a co sponsor, but that would delay the process, and i am looking at the process of my wife's immigration in the least possible tim

I also have questions on I-864

The form instruction page 3 says:" If the intending immigrant is your spouse, his or her income can be included if it will continue from the SAME SOURCE after he or she obtain lawful permanent resident status."

1. What does the SAME SOURCE mean here? Does the income need to come from the same employer? What if job changes or quit job after getting the greencard?

2. If the sponsor has sufficient income (above 125% poverty line), it is still a good idea to include the intending immigrant (i.e., the spouse)'s income in the annual household income and tax return 1040? Will it make the case stronger and get approved easier? Or it is not necessary or not too much help?

Thanks for your help. Any input will be appreciated.

See the answer in your other thread: http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?319960