Affected by retrogression

cant_wait

I am from the Philippines and currently affected by the on-going retrogression of visa priority numbers. We are pursuing green card application through consular processing.

My I-140 was approved last January 19, 2005 and I have received DS3032 on the 2nd week of February.

Is the visa application number indicated in the DS3032 same as the visa priority number currently undergoing retrogression? If yes, does this mean we are not affected by retrogression?

I have also read that NVC will not send you the DS3032 form unless your priority dates are current. How accurate is this?

How long do you think are we going to wait to get an interview?

Thank you and we hope you can enlighten us on this matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not have a really good idea about retrogression.

However, if I understand it correctly, even though you send NVC all the forms, and NVC forwards the packet 3 to your consulate, the consulate will hold back your interview till your dates become current.

My I-140 was approved last January 19, 2005 and I have received DS3032 on the 2nd week of February which has a visa application number of MNL______.

Firstly please do not put details like your case number on a public forum.

Is the visa application number indicated in the DS3032 same as the visa priority number currently undergoing retrogression? If yes, does this mean we are not affected by retrogression?
I have also read that NVC will not send you the DS3032 form unless your priority dates are current. How accurate is this?

NVC sends DS3032, Packet3 and reviews it and even passes it on to the consulate. The consulate however does not call you for an interview till the dates become current. You can locate your priority date in your I-140 approval (I-797)

How long do you think are we going to wait to get an interview?

Anyone's guess - check out on www.cptracker.com by selecting your category and your consulate and see what the statistics tell. If you are affected by retrogression, check out http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html to see the latest bulletin and see how the priority dates are progressing. Hope that helps.

What does current PD mean?

Hi,

On my I-140 approval notice, my PD is Dec 13, 2000, does it mean it is current?

Thanks

cant_wait said:
Thank you for your inputs. I guess we just have to wait til the priority dates are current.
cant_wait.

I agree with Sandeep above. If I were you I would edit my post and remove my MNL number.

Thanks alren and sandeep for your concern. I have already edited my post. What is the worst thing that could happen if someone with malicious intent can get hold of my case number? Just wondering since I already have posted it weeks ago. I would like to know if I can do something to contain the situation.