Advise needed: H1 stamp expiring in 2 days, PR card pickup date expected end of month

logicators

Registered Users (C)
All,

I am in US at this time and my H1B stamp is expiring on 21st of this month (I do have a valid H1B approval till mid next year). I mailed my PR card application on January 2nd and a friend of mine who applied a day before me received his PR card pickup appointment for 27th of this month. I expect to receive my appointment for 28th or the first week of March.

Do you guys think that I can pickup my PR card and safely return back to US without a visa stamp (before March 17th) and apply my visa at St. Louis or should I apply for the visa at Toronto consulate at the same time. Since I am from a country that requires special registration (already registered). I am afraid that it may take a long time in order to get the visa.

Any help is appreciated!
logicators

Hi Logicators,

If i understand correctly from/after 31-Mar-2003 People who have to enter Canada
would require a Maple Leaf/PR Card.

Option:1
You can stay in US And say if you apply to St.Louis for Visa Stamping today, it will
take more than 6 weeks to receive it.

So by the time you receive, it will be too late to go back to Canada.

Option:2

I think if you go back to Canada (as soon as possible) and secure your PR Card and
go thru the Visa Stamping Process in Toronto(i guess its a tedious process).

Q:
Do you guys think that I can pickup my PR card and safely return back to US without
a visa stamp (before March 17th) and apply my visa at St. Louis
Answer:
Ofcourse there is a Risk & Reward, but if i were you i would not do that
and will stick with Option:2.

Hope this will help you.

All the best.

Vjy :)