Advise needed - Do I need 8th year H1 ext if 485/ead/ap filed

Desi in US

Registered Users (C)
All, need some help. I have applied for my 140/1480/EAD/AP end of August - 30 Aug. I am coming up on my 8th year extension (end of Dec) - yes I have been here forever on a stupid h1..

Anyway, is there any benefit for me to apply for the 8th year h1 extension?? or should I just not do it. Keep in mind the company is paying for the extension.. I just hate to see them spend money when I am not going to use it. Also, I may be going out of the country in Oct-Nov.. for which I will probably use my EAD/AP (once I get it).. does that make any difference?? Please help

Desi in US said:
All, need some help. I have applied for my 140/1480/EAD/AP end of August - 30 Aug. I am coming up on my 8th year extension (end of Dec) - yes I have been here forever on a stupid h1..

Anyway, is there any benefit for me to apply for the 8th year h1 extension?? or should I just not do it. Keep in mind the company is paying for the extension..
---file the H1 extension becase it seems still your I-140 is pending and if I-140 gets denied then EAD AP I-485 all will get denied. to be safe remain on H1 status and file H1 extension
I just hate to see them spend money when I am not going to use it. Also, I may be going out of the country in Oct-Nov.. for which I will probably use my EAD/AP (once I get it)..
---use of AP does not invalidate your H1 status if you are working with the same employer who filed your lasest H1 extension. if you use EAD you will NOT be on H1 status.

does that make any difference?? Please help