Advice needed-file 2nd I485

shijiade

Registered Users (C)
I already filed EAD application based on spouse 485 pending, my wife is the primary applicant and stuck in name-checking for more than 1 year, my NC already cleared according to FBI response.

Now I am thinking of filing another set of 485 and EAD on my own as PD of my approved NIW will become current by next month. Since my NC already cleared, I feel my own I485 application will move faster? Is it necessary to file another EAD based on my own I485 application? Please advise, thanks.

hi

I already filed EAD application based on spouse 485 pending, my wife is the primary applicant and stuck in name-checking for more than 1 year, my NC already cleared according to FBI response.

Now I am thinking of filing another set of 485 and EAD on my own as PD of my approved NIW will become current by next month. Since my NC already cleared, I feel my own I485 application will move faster? Is it necessary to file another EAD based on my own I485 application? Please advise, thanks.

Hi,

actually I cannot answer your question but our situation is very similar.

That's why I wanted to ask you if you'd be kind to answer:

1/ Is it legal to file two separate 485s? One in the name of my wife, one on my name. (we did two parallel proccesses)

2/ During the medical check, did you ask for 2 copies of records? Or you went twice separately.

Thanks a lot

Dual Adjustment allowed or not?

Very good question that is becoming more pertinent as the wait times get longer.

I read somewhere on Siskind that it is legal but not recommended.

I am in the same situation with one AOS based on NIW and the other
based on approved LCA.

I would like to ask the Great Gurus the following question,

If you have two adjustment applications pending do you have to notify the INS/USCIS which adjustment you want to proceed with or will they go with both simultaneously until the first one is approved?

Thanks,

George

NIW 2004
LCA 2005