Advice Needed - DEC 2001

phoenix72

Registered Users (C)
I filed for I-485 in December 2001. Receipt and Notice Date are same. Mentioned below are my particulars

I-485 Rd : 12/05/2001
ND: 12/05/2001

FP1 MAY 22ND 2002
FP2 SEP 24TH 2003

I got married beginning of this year and added my wife to 485 processing.

Couple of weeks ago, I have changed my employer due to a layoff and fortunately,I could find a job with a different concern.

My attornery has written a letter in the month of october and INS hasnt responded to that letter. So this prompted my attorney to contact INS.Hre is the update from them.

THis case has been assigned to an officer whose workrate is relatively slow when compared to other officers?. They also said that they will provdie an update in the next couple of weeks.

Is this something to be believed?. To me, this doesnt seem to be an acceptable reply?.

Also I have couple of concerns.

1) Did my marraige beginning of this year is delaying the 485 process.

2) Also I have changed my job couple of weeks ago. We will be informing INS this week. Will this also cause further delay to my process???...

3) Also I heard from people that if somebody is contacting them, they try to delay the process?.

I would be like to be advised on this. I am feeling nervous now a days with my green card processing. Does anybody how many days INS is taking to process 485 .

phoenix

Hi Phoenix,
Several of us here belong to the Dec. 2001 list. It appears that
there is a slow down of applicants for Dec. 1 - Dec. 20, whereas
Jan/Feb 2002 applicants are being approved. Several of us guessed that this is due to a slow IIO, and your attorney's data
seems to fit with this.

Many people on changing jobs have filed an AC21 memo with
the USCIS. It appears to help.

Take care.
starbucks
RD 12/14/01

Originally posted by phoenix72

THis case has been assigned to an officer whose workrate is relatively slow when compared to other officers?. They also said that they will provdie an update in the next couple of weeks.

Interesting (and surprising) that USCIS would part with such information!