Advance Parole Travel

shahpr787

Registered Users (C)
hey everybody,

i know this question is probably beaten to death but if anybody can help -that would be great !!!!!!! I tried looking for links regarding this but couldnt find any in a quick glance.

Brief background on me - Have had my interview on June 27 this yr and as usual got stuck on the namecheck (have all the details on my sticky namecheck thread)

anyways here is my issue - i am planning to travel outside US for a quick 10 days this thanksgiving weekend itself. I do have my Advance parole and my EAD valid till march 2007.

has anybody in the recent past encountered any problems while entering back to US. Scrutiny, questions etc ..anything.....

Also my spouse (through whom I filed my GC) is not travelling with me. Would that be an issue.....

Please any insight into this would be really helpful.....this is my first time travelling outside on an AP and am a little scared !!!!! and since the travel is in the next 3 days - any quick input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Provided you haven't accumulated any illegal presence in the US, you have nothing to be worried about.
If you like, bring any receipts and notices from USCIS with you, to provide some added reassurance.

Good luck, and report back on your experience.

You will be fine. I travel last year while my application was in process and I did not have any problem. Just make sure to have your AP with you when you are coming back. You will be ask to show it at every airport; Europe, Africa....or anywhere you are going.