Advance Parole (RFE)

lorestan

Registered Users (C)
All,
I got an RFE for my AP at the end of last year and the response was received by BCIS (California) in Jan 5th. BCIS is saying that it takes between 60 to 90 days......Has anyone received any AP related RFEs lately and how long does it take for it to be processed??? Please advise.
Thanks for your time!

My I-140/I-485/AP/EAD RD is 10/05/04

lorestan said:
All,
I got an RFE for my AP at the end of last year and the response was received by BCIS (California) in Jan 5th. BCIS is saying that it takes between 60 to 90 days......Has anyone received any AP related RFEs lately and how long does it take for it to be processed??? Please advise.
Thanks for your time!

My I-140/I-485/AP/EAD RD is 10/05/04

My wife received an RFE for her 3rd AP - they wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, which was already in their file. My lawyer said that sometimes AP RFEs are simply requests for documents they already have, but are too lazy to retrieve from the file... easier to hit the RFE button on the keyboard. From the time of responding to the RFE to issuing of the AP was about a month, though we got our 485 approvals soon after that, so the whole thing was moot.