Advance Parole Question

veak

Registered Users (C)
My wife has H4 approval notice validity till 2005 march. The H4 visa stamp is expired long back.
My wife has advance parole but it is going to be expired by Jan 28th. My problem is she has to
stay in India till march for her brother marriage. Now my question is whether she can get H4 stamping
in chennai to re-enter USA? If yes will it affect our Green card processing.
Or is it possible to apply for renwal of advance parole while she is in INdia? Please advice. Our processing center is california. It is taking six months to get renewed advance parole. I wish if it is possible to walk in and get a new one? Please advice?

you have to make some compromises here u see. six months trip could be reduced till the validity of the existing AP.;)

AP

Pal,

On second thought, the answer is NO to all your
questions.

Or you can take a chance - go anyway, comeback if you
can....Or

You can try for consular processing and stay in India
till it comes thru

Hi tvkrish,
Thanks for the reply. I just asked my Attorney. She is justing to apply for renewal before going and advised me to Fedex the new advance parole to India. Do you still think it might be a problem.
Please advice.

Veak,

You mentioned that you talked to your attorney and she said that you should apply for your wife's AP renewal and then she can leave and when her AP is approved, you can FedEx it to her?

Are you sure your attorney said that?

Cause there are some members in this forum who jumped on me last when I said that i had read it is ok to leave before getting your AP and then fedex'ing the AP.

Please do let me know, because I would trust an attorney anytime over anyone else.

To Guju

I am just coming from Attorneys office. My wife signed the papers for Advance parole renewal. I again talked to Attorney about this. She said she does not see any problem as she is leaving US when her advance parole is in good status. So when coming back again she will have new advance parole which is again in good status. So she feels that there should not be any problem. Since mine is a very peculiar case I put the question in the forum to find someone who was in the same situation. Don't bother the replies from tvkrish. He was just pulling my leg. He sits besides me and I did not know that he was a member in this forum. I came to know later that he was kidding with me by replying anonymously. To tell you frankly I am just taking the risk. I wish can find someone with similar situation.

To Guju

Also one cannot leave US without having valid advance parole. In my case we do have valid advance parole. However it is getting expired during her stay in India and we are renewing it while she is India. This is a different case.