Advance Parole lost in mail

mrnobody

:eek: I had applied for my advance Parole on September 21 2003 and checked my status online which tells me my advance parole got approved from USCIS on 4th March 2004, but still I havent recieved my Advance Parole documents in hand by mail I called BCIS up and they verified my address and everything seems ok. BCIS is buying time and does not repond with what I should do next. I called up BCIS first on April 3rd 2004 and then faxed my compaint to Vermont on May 4th 2004, but I guess nothing seems to be happening in terms of progress. Please let me know should I have to reapply and wait again for 8-9 months from the time of application? or I will get my Advance Parole sooner if I apply now since its approved. What is the standard process in this case ? I dont know why BCIS doesnt believe people when they complain that the documents are lost. I havent been able to visit India for last 1 and half years because of that :mad: .
Thanks in advance if you guys have any answers.

mrnobody said:
:eek: I had applied for my advance Parole on September 21 2003 and checked my status online which tells me my advance parole got approved from USCIS on 4th March 2004, but still I havent recieved my Advance Parole documents in hand by mail I called BCIS up and they verified my address and everything seems ok. BCIS is buying time and does not repond with what I should do next. I called up BCIS first on April 3rd 2004 and then faxed my compaint to Vermont on May 4th 2004, but I guess nothing seems to be happening in terms of progress. Please let me know should I have to reapply and wait again for 8-9 months from the time of application? or I will get my Advance Parole sooner if I apply now since its approved. What is the standard process in this case ? I dont know why BCIS doesnt believe people when they complain that the documents are lost. I havent been able to visit India for last 1 and half years because of that :mad: .
Thanks in advance if you guys have any answers.
If u were to apply now, the process is much faster, so u might get it again in a 2-3 months. But this would be a fresh application, ur previous approval wouldn't make any difference or impact this approval.
I don't know what u mean when u say they verified ur address. Who did u speak to? The customer service personnel can't access ur case details. Did they connect u to an immigration officer? How exactly did u verify that ur address is correct? I am emphasising that because, there is no use in reapplying when the base problem of incorrect address [if that was the reason] without being corrected.

I spoke to the customer respresentative at USCIS and they verified the address in their computer database to see if it matches my home address and it did.

change of address

By any chance did u change your address after applying Advance Parole?

This happened in my case.

Post office returned my Green Card (Plastic Card) mailed to my address for no reason. I was calling IIO every month and they couldnt track down my mail and send it back to me.

Finally, I visited the local office (Newark) and reported the problem and I got my Green card within few days.

May be you want to try that.

Thanks
~Mad

Please talk to secong level support.. they will guide you. My EAD receipt never came (or lost), level2 guy to me to use the cashed check to get interim EAD and it worked.

My Story:
I had done my address change after I applied AP. My lawyer recd the AP but it had my new address- even though my address change request (or at least the confirmation reply from BCIS)- did not mention my AP case - it mentioned only the 485 case#.
However my FP2 was sent to the old address- even though my address change was with 485#. The Post office did redirect it to my new address.
So sort of anything goes.
Also when I called customer Service- they could not confirm my new address- they said they can only change address. Sort of whierd.
HTH

EAD lost in mail

My second EAD was approved on Feb 25. After waiting for more than a month for the card in mail, called the cust service. They generated a query for Vermont. Even though they were supposed to respond within a month, they did not. Called cust service again after a months wait. They regenerated a query. Got a letter from Vermont a couple of days back (in response to my first query). They had mailed the card and was not received by them in return mail. They suggested to reapply for replacement (lost, stolen etc) category. I spoke to my lawyer (I had applied my initial EAD via lawyer, not the second one) and he was of the opinion that it would treated as a fresh application. So here I am... applied for replacement and paid the new fee (higher) of $175 and have gone back six months. Luckily I am not using my EAD right now...

There was no change in address. I have been receiving mail from INS before and after this incident!!!

Moral of the story: If anything gets lost in the mail... it is your responsibility.. you unwanted f*ing immigrant (of wrong color!!!!). :confused:

mrnobody,

As Unitednations pointed out, if you had file G28 the AP approval gets sent to lawyers office. My lawyer had received the AP, but kept it in their 'files' until I called to check with them. So I would suggest do check with your lawyer. Also if you changed lawyers or the lawyer changed his address the AP may have been sent to old lawyer / lawyer address.

Yes actually my lawyer is sending all the paper work to BCIS and he only told me that he also has not received the Advance Parole. I havent changed my address since and its the same for me also I received my EAD on the same address I think finally after long long wait BCIS is going to tell me to reapply and go through the agony of wait period. I really feel like a helpless farmer who looks in the sky all the time is waiting to rain, for me I am always looking in the mail box to see if the things have moved. I think BCIS sucks big time and are too lazy