Advance Parole issue

Chakorapakshi

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone have experience in travelling abroad with Advanced Parole Document? Especially after Sept. 11, ,2001?

Any suggestion about if we may go abroad at this time with Advanced Parole? Any risk?

We are scheduled to leave in the mid of October, and back here in early of November. To China.

Thank you very much for your help!

I used my AP 6 months ago !

aaa485,
Advance Parole (AP) do not guarantee you can re-entry US.
If you have been out of status, then you may be have some problem.

You always giving back your old I-94 when you leaving US and get new I-94 when you back to US. no matter your are using AP or H-1 or F-1...

=====================
   About using AP :
   1. When you came back to US, you need show your AP at airport when you ckeck in your air ticket ( The airline need to make sure that you can legal enter US)
   2. You need fill the new I-94 again before you enter US.
   3. Show AP document and the extra copy to INS people when you enter US.
   4. 80%, they will asking you going to secondary INS office. (Because they do not have right stamp with them)
   5. they will put stamp in your passport and the AP document then write "AOS" (adjust of status) inside that stamp.
   6. remember get your AP doucment back, you can reuse it when you want leave US again.
====================
I took both original AP and that copy with me when I leave US.
When I check_in at airport at my home town airline, I just show my AP to them , the airline did not took away from me.

When I re_enter at US at airport. the INS people asking me " Do you have your AP copy ? " I say " yes " . Then she take a look for that copy one, then told me
"Go to that office (She point another room)" . Because my friend already told me what may happen for me. I wait there about 5 min. then another office
look my original AP and put stamp at on passport and the original AP.

That is , he did not check my AP copy.

Because the first INS lady asking me about the AP copy, So I like to suggest people take the AP copy with them.

I used my AP about 6 months ago !

columbus, Thanks. and Another question for you:

columbus, Thanks a lot for your detailed information. and I have another question for you:
Is my case out of status:

RD 9/7/00
PD 9/21/00
H1 is expiring 10/31/01, may renew but not because I have got EAD on 9/13/01. And I also got Advance Parole in Sept 01.

I will re-entry US in the early of November (before my H1 expiring date). Any risk for my case, and am I in out of status? Thanks and looking for your help!

aaa485 :You are o.K

aaa485,
The information you post is not enough.

I-485 RD:9/7/00
I-485 Notice Day: 9/21/2000
H-1 expiring 10/31/2001
Then what you talking about the out of status ????
After you filed teh I-485 at 9/7/2000, your status will become AOS. You do not need worry anything.

You say you will re-entry in the early of November (before my H1 expiring date). But your H1 expired at 10/31/2001. Is there have some typing error.

How ever, I used my old H-1 VISA (Have H-1 stamp on my passport) re-entry US 26 days before the H-1 expired. (arounf 2000-Feb).
If you re-entry before the H-1 expired day, you should be O.k.

By the way, You do not need to use your AP.

No Title

I plan to re-enter the US with AP because my H-1 is only status changed from F1 in the US, not a H1 visa issued by a US embassy. columbus, from your email, it seems I have never be out of status because I filed I485 on 9/7/00 and H1 status is expiring 10/31/01. Thanks again, columbus.

Hopefully I may get my I485 approved before I leave. As I know, my case was assigned to an officer Wendesday 9/19/01. My AP for correction was also assigned to the same officer Friday 9/21/01(NSC made a typing mistake on my AP and I mailed AP back for expedite for correction).

Hopefully the officer can process my I485 and AP at the same time. And even hope the officer will work during the NSC Audit period.

aaa485: But, you still need the EAD after H-1 expired and before the I-485 approval

But, you still need the EAD after H-1 expired and before the I-485 approval
If your I-485 get approval before you leave here then you do not need to use the AP.

Good luck

what is your RD, ND and first 8 digits of your LIN # of your I-485

I filed mine in Sep \'00 too. It is encouraging that your case
has been assigned to an officer