Advance Parole I-131: Applying Online Vs. Hiring Attorney. PLEASE HELP

computer_guy

Registered Users (C)
HI,

I have an emergency situation and I have to go to India. Which is faster route to obtain approved i-131? Should I apply online and then call the INS with the receipt number to expedite the process or hire an attorney. The attorney does not apply online - only mail. The attorney says if you apply online you get the receipt number faster but the process is slower. IF you mail, you get the receipt number within 2 - 3 weeks and then the attorney will call the USCIS with documents supporting the emergency.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated....

HI,

I have an emergency situation and I have to go to India. Which is faster route to obtain approved i-131? Should I apply online and then call the INS with the receipt number to expedite the process or hire an attorney. The attorney does not apply online - only mail. The attorney says if you apply online you get the receipt number faster but the process is slower. IF you mail, you get the receipt number within 2 - 3 weeks and then the attorney will call the USCIS with documents supporting the emergency.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated....

Does your emergent situation meet the expedite criteria posted at www.uscis.gov ?