advance parole expierence

hgc

Registered Users (C)
Just sharing. My wife used AP to enter US, she last entered on H4. The process took about 45 minutes. My wife gave them her passport and two copies of Advance Parole. Her papers were put in a folder and taken to a secondary area. The officer took the paper, looked through it and asked few general question. The officer asked when do you expect your green card will be approved. *NO IDEA* was the answer if anyone of you is wondering :). Later they stamped on I-94 and same stamp on one of the Advance Parole. Then they returned both APs and she was let go.

She enetered from Canada.

different situation

the official stampped on I94 and one of two AP, and returned one AP without the stamp, NOT two. confused? at Chicago airport.

Thats how they usually do. You can use the unstamped AP the next time you reenter US..(within the AP expiration date)

tsc123102

tsc123102 asked:

"the official stampped on I94 and one of two AP, and returned one AP without the stamp, NOT two. confused? at Chicago airport."

My wife gave both the APs and the officer stamped on one of them and returned both. So she had both APs returned to her, one stamped and other not stamped. May be she can use the other unstamped one later on.

different procedure in my case

in my case, officer asked for both AP. He stamped on both AP and gave back one to me. He kept the other one with him. He said that I get only one copy and I can travel with the other one (stamped) before it expires. I hope it is fine ....

Did anyone of you go thru US-VISIT program (photographed/fingerprinted) while entering on AP ?? Please share your experience.

thanks

Different experience

No AP copies retained at POE neither stamped. Only stamped in the back of the I-94. No questions asked and the process took about a minute. POE Chicago .

I have used AP more than three times. The first time they kept one of the two pages of the AP and stamped the second page and returned that to me. I have used that second page with the stamp twice since. I was also asked to go to a secondary room where I waited for twenty minutes and than my name was called. There were no questions asked by the officer and I was told all is good and I could go.So I guess its different everytime.