paroled until
May 9, 2003.

purpose
AOS
(212)(d)(5)

port date and official

The same stamp appears on my passport and I-94. Does it mean that I can
stay only till May 9, 2003 in US.

Will appreciate if you could let me know.

I dont think so

I dont think you are out of status once your AP expires. However
please confirm with your lawyer.

Was the entry easy enough. I am going to travel on AP soon ?
what did imm. officer ask you ?

My wife came in on AP on April 1, 2003.No problems, only a secondary inspection adding an extra 20 mins to come out at Washington Dulles Airport.

Only 1 question was asked. I had to go thru the secondary inspection. She looked at the papers and aksed me when did u leave United States and then stamped the document.

Did you check with your lawyer about the expiration of AP/I-94

thanks

ekven

Could you give the details about the validity of the stamp your wife recvd on her passport.

I got a stamp for 1 year when i came back last month at LAX. But the stamp doesnot matter you are totaly legal as long as your 485 is in pending state. Let the stamp expire and wait for your 485 adjustment. This rule has been in effect since last august for 1 yr entry stamp for AP users but some time some dumb IIOs give till the date of Parole . So do't worry about it and chill.

The stamp was till Apr 1, 2004 even though her current AP expires on Apr 15,2003.

I wonder why you got a stamp only till May 9.

Ap question

I am also thinking about using AP in July to go home. My AP will expire in mid october.
What other documents should I carry for travel. I heard from a friend that he was stuck in Dubai airport for 2 hours because his airlines didn't know what AP was and they wanted to see his visa. Later he showed them his EAD and the idiots recognize it as GC and told him why he didn't tell them he is GC holder. He just kept quiet and they let him aboard plane.
Has anyone experinced any issues like that with airlines.
Please let me know if I should call airlines before flying to make sure they understand what AP is? Is that a good idea.

To gc_hopefully

I had that kind of problem at Santiago intl. airport in Chile. United Airlines check-in guy did not know if he could let us on the plane so he took our APs to his manager, saying "sorry, but the law does not allow me to let you on the plane without seeing the evidence that you're allowed to enter USA". His manager said that my wife was OK to enter, but not me. The reason: she had previously entered US on AP and had an immigration stamp (paroled until...). I did not have the stamp therefore "my document was not valid". I insisted that it was valid and we had to wait for another hour until this guy faxed our APs to INS in Miami just to be told that the admittance stamp does not matter.

To gc_hopefully,
I re-entered USA this Sunday (April 13) using my AP through SFO. It was pretty simple procedure and took only about five minutes. I was asked to go to Secondary Inspection office, where the immigration officer asked me who my petitioner is. He then took all the documents inside and came back with my AP and my I94 stamped valid until April 12, 2004 (one year) and stapled on to my passport.
I however had a problem with Cathay Pacific at Singapore airport. The lady at the Cathay Pacific counter who was new to the job, did not have any idea about AP document. Fortunately, I had copies of my AP with me. I gave her the copy, she then consulted her supervisor and finally I got my boarding pass after about an hour. It would be nice to carry copies of AP as it would be useful in situations like this.

sunamb.