Administrative processing CP

cannon576

Registered Users (C)
I received email from us consulate, chennai that they have to do additional administrative processing on my case and they have asked me to come for finger print with dd for Rs 4165. I dont know why this is happening. The consular officer told me on sep 25 that the visa is approved, but will be issued on oct 1st. Now, after so much delay in getting visa numbers for the month, they are saying they have administrative processing.

Usually this means fraud check, but i dont know why this should happen for CP at this late stage as initial screening is already done in the usa. Can you post any helpful info or links (posts) regarding this; searching through dial-up connection is a pain.

they said they will return our passports. in that case, i dont know if its possible to get H1& h4 visa to come to the usa in the mean time. I will post the details after going to the consulate

cannon:

We will try to find details around administrative check but in the mean time you may want to talk to a consular officer and ask why admin check when visa was approved as on 9/25? For all you know they may have meant to do an admin check for someone else!

I did some search on internet; The possiblility is :
There may be atleast one person with same last name as yours and have some criminal background.

So once the finger print stuff is done, I guess you should be through.

Originally posted by cannon576
I received email from us consulate, chennai that they have to do additional administrative processing on my case and they have asked me to come for finger print with dd for Rs 4165. I dont know why this is happening. The consular officer told me on sep 25 that the visa is approved, but will be issued on oct 1st. Now, after so much delay in getting visa numbers for the month, they are saying they have administrative processing.

Usually this means fraud check, but i dont know why this should happen for CP at this late stage as initial screening is already done in the usa. Can you post any helpful info or links (posts) regarding this; searching through dial-up connection is a pain.

they said they will return our passports. in that case, i dont know if its possible to get H1& h4 visa to come to the usa in the mean time. I will post the details after going to the consulate

I totally concur with rvalla. In fact, there used to be a big thread on administrative security check somewhere around august 2003. I checked a couple of forums on this immigration portal but have not been able to find that thread. Also this forums search capability is have technical issues so once that is fixed we will know all the reasons why an administrative check happens.

But from what I can recall if admin check is required for a candidate then he/ she is informed at the time of the interview...and then a letter is mailed confirming the same. This is the first time i have heard where GC was approved and then due to admin check GC issuance is delayed.

Canon i feel sorry for you. First they change your interview date now the adminstrative check.
Be patient its just a matter to get your GC
I have my interview in mumbai this month on the 28th and don't know what i would do if i was in your place.

i went to the consulate today, paid dd for Rs 4165 and they took my finger prints in 2 forms (all 10 fingers, twice). they didnt say clearly why they are doin this after approval. Only an indian lady took the fingerprint. she told me usually it comes through in 3 weeks. the email said approximately 45 days. but we have seen cases where it took about 6 months and that too after so much influence and communication. so, i am sitting with my fingers crossed,

is there a way to check with FBI if the fingerprint check is cleared or not?

i hope it comes through in a month or so. the lady told me that i wont be able to apply for h1 as my immigrant visa is pending. they returned my passports saying they are unable to issue visa at this point with 221(g) box checked. I assume that it means insufficient documents (fingerprint clearance).

how did the chennai consulate know ur email address?
Aren't they suppose to do these check before the interview and not after?
thanks

So can you enter US with the current valid H-1B you are on?

Originally posted by cannon576
i went to the consulate today, paid dd for Rs 4165 and they took my finger prints in 2 forms (all 10 fingers, twice). they didnt say clearly why they are doin this after approval. Only an indian lady took the fingerprint. she told me usually it comes through in 3 weeks. the email said approximately 45 days. but we have seen cases where it took about 6 months and that too after so much influence and communication. so, i am sitting with my fingers crossed,

is there a way to check with FBI if the fingerprint check is cleared or not?

i hope it comes through in a month or so. the lady told me that i wont be able to apply for h1 as my immigrant visa is pending. they returned my passports saying they are unable to issue visa at this point with 221(g) box checked. I assume that it means insufficient documents (fingerprint clearance).

i dont have a valid h1 visa in my passport. even if i had one, it would have got cancelled when the consular officer approved my visa.
the only case where u can obtain h1 is when you have incomplete documents and you need to go to the usa to obtain those documents

what is weird is, how come they find out about this fraud conducted in the same name after the candidate has come for the interview. Isn't it something that should happen before the actual interview. What do u think the FBI fingerprinting actually achieves??

Cannon,

As you know, I also live in Atlanta. Let me know if I can be of any help to you.

Good Luck,
Raghu

cannon:

what visa do you have stamped in your passport right now?(even though it might have expired)

when and where did you get it stamped with such visa?

i had h1 visa stamped from chennai consulate couple of years ago and it expired in july. but thats not a problem as i had my h1 extended till 2005.

cannon:

IF there is absolutely anything...even the smallest thing that any of us can do while in usa do let us know. Please do not hesitate to ask! I am in usa for another week until I leave for india...so do keep us in mind~!

Cannon:
Do not loose heart buddy. If at all, it will be just a matter of time(preferably in terms of weeks). Only thing you may want to make sure at this point is to convince your employer. Clearly these things are out of your control and they must be understanding it.

This is what I am feeling about it. May be because the file was out there for a few extra days after the interview, and the officer forgot to mark it down with the exact cause(Visa number being not available), somebody else have by mistake , picked it up for Administrative process. As a last shot, could you write an e-mail to the customer Service along with a clearly stated letter to the Consular General or one of the Higher officers ?.

Do you have one of those popular First/Last Names ?. Or any distinguishing situations ?.

Cannon, this may give you some consolation

3. We have received word that some posts are canceling underlying H or L nonimmigrant visas after the initial immigrant visa interview, but before the immigrant visa is adjudicated. An example is a case in which the applicant had to reenter the U.S. to acquire documentation for the interview. Could you please advise posts not to cancel these nonimmigrant visas? Since in the adjustment context, H and L non-immigrants may continue their underlying status as long as possible, we believe that the H or L nonimmigrant visa does not have to be canceled until the foreign national applies to enter the U.S. as a permanent resident. Would VO agree with this position?

IV3. Under 9 FAM 42.73 N1, a consular officer is required to cancel nonimmigrant visas of any category, including H or L, upon issuance of an immigrant visa. In addition, under the authority of INA 221(i) and 22 CFR 41.122(a), a consular officer may revoke a nonimmigrant visa prior to issuance of the immigrant visa, but only if the consular officer finds that the alien is no longer entitled to the particular nonimmigrant classification or is ineligible under INA 212(a).

Given these rules, and in light of the fact that H-1b and L aliens are exempt from INA 214(b), we would agree that it would not be appropriate for a consular officer to cancel an H-1b or L visa prior to issuance of the IV, as long as the alien is still maintaining the nonimmigrant employment on which the H-1b or L visa is based, and provided the alien has not ceased to be eligible for the nonimmigrant visa on some 212(a) or other ground. To VO’s knowledge, however, most posts only cancel the IV applicant’s NIV upon issuance of the IV, not upon application. If AILA is aware of specific posts where the latter is believed to be the practice, please provide us with the names of the posts and we will follow up with them.

VO cannot agree to the suggestion that the NIV should only be canceled at the time that the alien actually applies for admission on the IV at the port-of-entry. As noted above, 9 FAM 42.73 N1 requires cancellation of the NIV upon visa issuance, and this is consistent with the revocation rules in 22 CFR 41.122(a) and (h). Moreover, cancellation of the NIV upon issuance of the IV is necessary for practical reasons, to prevent possible erroneous admission in NIV status at the POE (e.g., if a confused or unsophisticated/youthful alien fails to tender the IV packet) and to deter possible fraudulent use of the NIV by alien smugglers who might purchase or steal the NIV. In the unlikely event that an alien who has been interviewed and approved for IV issuance still wishes to travel in H or L status before immigrating, we suggest that the alien request that issuance of the IV be delayed until after the alien returns from his/her H or L trip.

cannon

i think you had taken M.S from u.s and you spend couple of years here in united states.Can't understand why they are doing adminstravite processing now?.IS your last name is a common name?

Last edited by a moderator: