• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Administration Processing DV 2018

SAM0130

Interview date
Aug 2nd,Montreal, Canada
Region; Asia

Hi there,
We have attended our DV2018 interview at Montral, Canada on Aug 2nd, my wife was the principal applicant, the interview went fine , CO approved our visa right away and gave us the white sheet, saying thta you Passports will be mailed to you in 1 week, when we revived our passports my wife and both kids got the visa, and mine placed on Administration processing, since then the status have not been updated on website either, we are kind a worried now, just wondering what else can we do for follow up since it’s only 32 days left for 2018 DV visa processing, any one have any idea ! Thanks you. Sam

There’s really nothing you can do about the situation except keep waiting and hoping you clear AP and your visa gets issued. Unfortunately the possibility of getting a visa if your AP crosses into September gets more dicey if you clear AP after August.

As a small consolation, if AP lasts too long at least the rest of the family has visas and wife can sponsor in due course (assuming there is no permanent inadmissibility). Another forum had a case of one consulate where they put the whole family on AP because of issue with derivative spouse, and they are now in the situation of having crossed a month end and being put on the waiting list for visas.

There’s really nothing you can do about the situation except keep waiting and hoping you clear AP and your visa gets issued. Unfortunately the possibility of getting a visa if your AP crosses into September gets more dicey if you clear AP after August.

Just. Quick question, isn’t Asian have enough visa available till end of September for 2018 ?

Correct me if I am mistaken, but currently the embassy is holding my visa for a month and once 1 month hit, they have to send that visa back to KCC, and then if the AP get cleared on time, they have to request for a new visa from KCC ? And since Asia have enough visa for 2018 ( current ) I might have a chance ? Am I correct assuming thta senerio ? Thank you.

Just. Quick question, isn’t Asian have enough visa available till end of September for 2018 ?

Correct me if I am mistaken, but currently the embassy is holding my visa for a month and once 1 month hit, they have to send that visa back to KCC, and then if the AP get cleared on time, they have to request for a new visa from KCC ? And since Asia have enough visa for 2018 ( current ) I might have a chance ? Am I correct assuming thta senerio ? Thank you.

It is true that Asia will not fill the quota.
Yes, if your AP crosses a month your preallocated visa is returned to KCC.
Yes if your AP clears early enough in the final month, the embassy could request a new visa for you (although that process takes time). They could also issue your visas from their own allocation of visas if they have other refused cases in that month.

Interview date
Aug 2nd,Montreal, Canada
Region; Asia

Hi there,
We have attended our DV2018 interview at Montral, Canada on Aug 2nd, my wife was the principal applicant, the interview went fine , CO approved our visa right away and gave us the white sheet, saying thta you Passports will be mailed to you in 1 week, when we revived our passports my wife and both kids got the visa, and mine placed on Administration processing, since then the status have not been updated on website either, we are kind a worried now, just wondering what else can we do for follow up since it’s only 32 days left for 2018 DV visa processing, any one have any idea ! Thanks you. Sam

Congrats! Hope it all goes well with your visa too. Since you are fresh from an interview would you mind sharing some details? Like, how long was your interview, what did they ask, did they require any additional documets, any unusual questions, etc.

How there;
GOOD NEWS, finally I have received my Passport with VISA STAMPED, approved on 31 AUG 2018,
I been on administration Processing since AUG 2nd, at Montral , as you know my wife and kids already have received their passports on second week of AUG, will be going for POE next week some time, thanks you Brit and Simon for all your help and support, it was a long journey what last 16 long months to get till here finally, I just like to mention few tips for all our new DV2019 winners, •”Be Patience” because Brit do not have an answer for all the questions, plz do your research on forum, most probably u will find some question similar to yours in pervious years, also like to mention that were is of the last few selectees of DV2018 from Asia, (134XX) never beleive that will we be seeing this day,
but if GOD wants this to happen for you things goes your way “ Miracle do happen “ thanks for evey one who have helped, gave hope and keep us going, GOOD LUCK to all DV2019 winners and GOD BE WITH You ’

How there;
GOOD NEWS, finally I have received my Passport with VISA STAMPED, approved on 31 AUG 2018,
I been on administration Processing since AUG 2nd, at Montral , as you know my wife and kids already have received their passports on second week of AUG, will be going for POE next week some time, thanks you Brit and Simon for all your help and support, it was a long journey what last 16 long months to get till here finally, I just like to mention few tips for all our new DV2019 winners, •”Be Patience” because Brit do not have an answer for all the questions, plz do your research on forum, most probably u will find some question similar to yours in pervious years, also like to mention that were is of the last few selectees of DV2018 from Asia, (134XX) never beleive that will we be seeing this day,
but if GOD wants this to happen for you things goes your way “ Miracle do happen “ thanks for evey one who have helped, gave hope and keep us going, GOOD LUCK to all DV2019 winners and GOD BE WITH You ’

Quite happy for you. Congratulations.