Address (Just applied for N-400 at Vermont)

Notify your local INS office

You can do it by calling that national hotline.
But I read somewhere one document that says
that national system is different than your local
INS office and slow to forward the information
to the relevant local office. I think to be safe,
you have to notify your local office too, or
both your local office and service center.

Change of Address.....................................

If you have a pending application for naturalization (Form N-400), call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 to report your address change.

*** It’s VERY important that you notify the INS of any new address change as soon as possible!

Homa

The writer of this message is not a lawyer and this message is not meant to be legal advice. Before relying on this information, you must consult a lawyer on the facts of your specific case. The Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna takes no responsibility for the accuracy of this information.

Servie Center to

I think he should call the service center to. They are the one that do the initial processing of the application. But it\'s just as important to change it at the srvice center as well. The service center will notify you of your interview time and thus you need to make sure they got the correct address. The local office will need the correct address to mail you the oath date/place letter.

Address change

You need to call up the National Service Center first and update the address. Also check with the local office and make sure the address they have on the system is correct. I had a similar problem and regretting it now. I updated my address by calling NSC but never bothered to check with the local INS. They sent my interview notice to my old address and as you all know INS letters will not be forwarded. Because of that I missed my interview. Its been over 2 years now and still waiting ofcourse. Good luck...

notify them both

you will have to notify both the service center and your local office of any change of adress
by the way i am applying to the same service center ,
beside the application and the fees for the application and the fingerprint did you send any other documents
mine is based on 5 year continuous residency ,i am married but she still waiting overseas(i applied i 130)recently .
do i need any other document to send with my N 400 ???
your help will be appreciated ,god bless