Address Change

anijo

Registered Users (C)
Can some body guide me how to change my address with USCIS. I have my 485 pending in CSC.

RD 12-23-2002.

Thanks
Anijo

Use the AR-11 form

You need to file the address change form i.e. the AR-11 form. One my friends moved to a new location last year and his 485 was pending at that time. He did get the second FP notice at his new address.

Hope that helps.

hi,
what is the procedure for letting the uscis know ?
is there any address, where one should send a letter ?
i know, there is a telephone number; where one can call and let uscis customer service representative know that your address is changed.
is this what one should do ?

also, in one of the articles someone mentioned that this supposed letter
should be sent by the lawyer. but when i checked with my lawyer, he said that sending in the filled AR11 form is sufficient.

your answers are very highly appreciated.

fellow gcSeeker

It is simple

Whenever you change the address while you have pending petition with USCIS, do the following:

1. Download AR-11 form. Fill the details and send it to Department of Homeland Security by Certified Mail . This is very important as you need to keep the proof that you send the AR-11 form. Send a seperate copy for each of your family members, if any. You can post all the copies of your family in one single cover.
Send the AR-11 to the following address:

U.S Department of Homeland Security
Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration
Change of Address
PO Box 7134
London, KY 40742-7134

2. Call 1-800-375-5283 Customer Service Number and tell your change of address for each of the pending applications.

During the call with Customer Service, keep your pending receipts in hand. They will ask
- Receipt Number
- Received Date
- Allien Number
- First Name, Middle Name, Last Name
- Current Address
- Previous Address
- Contact Telephone Number
- Alternate Telephone Number
- e-mail Address

Note:- You can inform address change of your kids. But your spose has to call them seperately and notify the address change. ( any one over 21 years of age must notify seperately )

Hope this information is useful to you.

Last edited by a moderator: