address change, which office to file EAD renew and AP petition to

utjianwang

Registered Users (C)
I got a new job and moved to CA in June, 2004 from Boston, MA. My I-485 case was transferred from VSC to San Francisco office in Oct. 2004. My EAD is going to expire on 04/25/05. I 'm planning to renew my EAD and file for AP at the same time. My question is:

Since I've moved from MA to CA, which office should I file my EAD renew and AP petition to? VSC or CSC?

Thanks.

Jian

I-140(EB2-NIW): RD -- 07/29/2002; AD -- 03/20/2003
I-485: RD -- 09/03/2002; FP1 -- 11/13/2002; FP2: 10/08/2004
I-485 tranfered from VSC to SF Office -- 10/12/2004
EAD: AD -- 04/26/2004

re:

do u know why ur case was transferred. i mean u used ac21 right but when u change jobs/address ... does it mean that ur case is transferred

I didn't use AC-21. As far as I know, a significant portion of EB2-NIW cases at VSC have been transferred to local offices.

Jian

utjianwang said:
My I-485 case was transferred from VSC to San Francisco office in Oct. 2004.

Since your I-485 is now in the local San Francisco office, you should send EAD and AP applications to the San Francisco Office.

I'm in similiar situation. You have to file your EAD and AP to SFO office. They will accept your file only 30 days prior to expiring your EAD. And they will send you a letter to collect EAD from SFO office.

Hi visa07,

Based on the information provided on USCIS website, it seems to me that employment-based I-765 petition should be filed to CIS service center instead of local CIS office. Is that true?

Another question is:
Ususally 90 days prior to expiration are required to file I-765, why do they accept file only 30 days prior to expiring?

Thanks.

Jian

utjianwang said:
Hi visa07,

Based on the information provided on USCIS website, it seems to me that employment-based I-765 petition should be filed to CIS service center instead of local CIS office. Is that true?

Its your choice to ignore the advice on this forum, but if you send the application to CSC, then CSC will just transfer your application to the local office for you, and simply incur additional delays before the local office sends you a notice to get your biometrics done.