Address Change issue Since Green Card Till Naturalization

prince23

Registered Users (C)
I received my Green Card on June 2012 through DV lottery and am in the process of naturalization (N-400). I have traveled different places including couple of Nepal visits since my green card. Now, I cant decide if I need to add each and every address changes that I have made through USPS and I don't remember them. Do you think, I can put the address based on the information that I have in tax docs/W-2/1099 to make the process less confusing? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Traveling is not an address change.
Each time you changed your address you should have filed an address change with USCIS within 10 days of moving, did you do that?

Did you live in the same house/flat the entire time? If not, your addresses are the places you LIVED and paid RENT or OWNED, and where you kept your CAR or FURNITURE. If you traveled to places for VISITS, these are not considered ADDRESSES but TRIPS ABROAD.

PS The CAPS is not meant to signify yelling - I just wanted those words EMPHASISED :)

Traveling is not an address change.
Each time you changed your address you should have filed an address change with USCIS within 10 days of moving, did you do that?
It never occurred to me. Is that required or highly recommended? In addition, do you think its wise decision to use info from official USPS address change record or address info from W-2/Tax records to list addresses from 5 years back? I want to make the documents logical and thank you for the information.

It never occurred to me. Is that required or highly recommended? In addition, do you think its wise decision to use info from official USPS address change record or address info from W-2/Tax records to list addresses from 5 years back? I want to make the documents logical and thank you for the information.

Required.

Here’s the info /link to Online Change of Addres form. Instructions re address change if I recall correctly are in the pamphlet that comes with your green card ?
https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

I’m sorry, I don’t know how to advise re your existing past records as I have no way of knowing how accurate etc they are.