Address Change for I-485. Big Confusion. HELP!HELP! PLS

karan2004m

Registered Users (C)
There is no place online(USCIS.gov) i find to change address using I-485 receipt number. Has anyone changed his/her address using 485/EAD/AP receipt? Then how? Online we can fill only AR-11 for Non-US Citizens as per the USCIS website. Non US Citizens don't get an option to enter Receipt number. Can someone please shed some light on how do we change address with USCIS. I am moving recently and I didnt got receipt yet. I am expecting it in few days and I am worried that EAD/FO should not go to old address.

Without receipt# you can't change your address. Address change can be done by calling National Cutomer Service Center. The receipts goes to your Attorney.
You can give a forward address to your PO. Hopefully PO will forward to your new address.

There is no place online(USCIS.gov) i find to change address using I-485 receipt number. Has anyone changed his/her address using 485/EAD/AP receipt? Then how? Online we can fill only AR-11 for Non-US Citizens as per the USCIS website. Non US Citizens don't get an option to enter Receipt number. Can someone please shed some light on how do we change address with USCIS. I am moving recently and I didnt got receipt yet. I am expecting it in few days and I am worried that EAD/FO should not go to old address.

Call the national service center by calling 800.375.5283 and select option to update address.
Make sure they update your address on the entire AOS application packet - I-485, EAD, and AP.
Also, do the AR-11 which should be available online, which per your post, you already have.

Changing address using AR-11 online, should automatically update the home address for pending petitions. However, it is good to have USPS mail forwarding service as a backup.

AR-11 will NOT update the address on any of the pending applications.

AR-11 is necessary when a citizen/non-citizen re-locates. This became mandatory after 9/11. It is required to file your change of address within 10 days of the move (failure to comply with the AR-11 continues to be a deportable offense). But if you have field the I485 application, then please file AR-11 (which is available on USCIS website)

To change the address on the pending applications - you have to either call or change it on-line on the USCIS website (once you have receipt #)

Also, make sure you call them. I am sure that if you have lawywer he will get copies of whatever is being to sent to you. I guess the EAD Card will to come to your address (not sure). I am in the same boat. Still waiting on the receipt number. My lawyere said it is not a big problem - maybe a delay of 2-3 weeks, if your stuff goes to your old address.

USPS and USCIS - Some of the mails from USCIS state "Return to the Sender, if the occupant not available" - USPS will NOT forward the mails which have this particular message.

AR-11 Change of Address link - https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa.cr.Residence

Please read the article on murthy.com - http://www.murthy.com/news/n_onladd.html

Last edited by a moderator: