Address Change Confirmation Letter!!

saaab

I was surprised to see the address change confirmation letter from BCIS after 4 months of filling ar-11 and after 45 days of talking to BCIS representative regarding the same.

Did anyone receive the address change confirmation letter from BCIS after filling ar-11? Is this normal procedure? Then, why I did not receive the same letter on my earlier ar-11?

RD 12/06/02

don't be surprised.
THe letter was result of you talking to BCIS representative. BCIS never opens AR-11. I am damn sure about that.
Therefore, atleast you have some proof now.

I have received the letter only after calling 800#.

I have changed my address twice after my 485 and never received any acknoeldgwment from USCIS. I don't think they send any confirmation about address change you sent to them. But I hope they open the paper work and attach to the original 485 application. Infact I sent them overnight priority thru FEDEX and upon tracking the envelope online www.fedex.com, looks like some one signed and received....but since this so over whelming since beginning of not sure who received it - I mean may be the mailing department but not the exact change of address personnel....

What a SYSTEM ???

I think you have to request the ack

I think you have to request the acknowledgement when you change your address..I called to change the address and forgot to request the acknowledgement..so we asked the lawyer to get the acknowledgement. Both my husband and I recieved the acknowledgement after the lawyer sent address change. It is normal.

I also received the same..that's becuase you spoke to the representative and not because of AR-11. BUT after 7 months, they sent my second FP notice to old address and then forwarded that to me with a slip saying "Please file AR-11...."

So this is the way they work!