Address change after interview scheduled

Indian405

I tried to call the USCIS but I couldn't get past the automated response so here I am.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Me and my wife just received a notice that the interview was scheduled 7/15. It is 6/17 today and we're moving to Southern California on 7/1.

My understanding is that we need to change the address on the USCIS website within 10 days "AFTER" moving to the new address, however, we haven't moved yet.

Questions: We are supposed to let USCIS know about any changes asap, but given we haven't moved yet,
- Is it ok to change the address now or wait until we move?
- Would it be too late if we change the address on USCIS on 7/1?
- Will it be too early if we change the address right away (before moving)?
- Can we request interview location be changed to Southern California ( I dont know how to do this given no1 picks up the phone)

Thoughts?

Tricky situation as they usually change field offices (technically at their discretion) for your case if you move, and if you interview in SF and they find out you have moved they may insist you do it in socal. What I might do in your shoes, is submit the request to postpone interview explaining that you will have moved before then and giving the new address in that letter and asking for it to be done at appropriate FO. Your interview letter explains how to request a new date.Bear in mind this will probably lead to some delay as they move your file. Make sure you answer your phone for calls from city numbers even if you don’t recognize them as they may call to clarify.
Others would just suggest flying back to SF for interview, but this has risks as explained above but you may feel worth taking.