Additional documents required at the time of interview notice received

neekat

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I have just received a notice to bring additional documents at the time of interview. The required documents are:
1) Driver License - no issues here
2) The second item states that - You indicated in your application that you have been arrested. For these arrests and any other incidents in which you may have been involved, bring originals or certified copies of all arrest records and court dispositions showing how each incident was resolved.'

Now I was never arrested but only received 3 traffic tickets for which the fine for all of them was less than $500.00 All have been paid.
I understand I have received this notice because I selected yes to the question number 16. which is (Have you ever been arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer?) My understanding was that a traffic ticket is a citation and hence I selected yes. But now I am regretting for doing that. I am not sure what all documentation should be required to for this. Please advise. Help sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,
Neekat

Everybody who answered Yes to that question got the "You have been arrested" on the yellow letter. Don't worry about it. The yellow letter is automatically generated based on your response to that question, and it doesn't mean anybody at USCIS actually thinks you were arrested.

Me too my interview coming up in less than two weeks and I just had traffic ticket and I was asked to bring an arrest records. And I've never been arrested.

This is what I did about gathering my traffic ticket information. Had two tickets in two different states where I lived at different times.
MA: Checked driving history online at the official motor vehicle agency, paid $6 to get PDF instantly, it says no record for last 10 years meaning clean BUT i remembered I had a ticket for speeding more than 10 years ago. Called the customer service ans explained that there must be ticket in my record which is not showing in the online report. Lo and behlod, she was able to give me the dates of incidence and whether the ticket was paid or not. Went to motor vehicle records department and was able to request ALL driving history $20. The detailed report had the incidence listed but nothing about the fine and whether it was paid or not.

I asked specifically for proof that the ticket was paid, they were able to find (electronically) and print official looking doc that details the ticket incident and payment.

Second Ticket: Was in another state, only thing I remembered was that I went to the local town court and had either pad a fine or something and it was taken care of. Call the court office in the other state, gave them name, DOB, car registration number, driver's license number BUT there were not able to find anythign in their record. Started looking at the pile of papers/personal records, found bank statement which had the check that I used to pay the ticket, fortunately it had the the ticket number. Called the local court again and they were able to locate it in an instant when ticket number was provided. They sent me in the mail a paper with details of the ticket with the court stamp (embossed) in mail...phew I called the Moto Vehicle department in the other state, they didn't see the record. Reminded them that there must be one.. Apparently they could "see" it but it was never put on the driving record. I think what must have happened was I paid the court fee in return for the ticket to be dismissed? I think!!

Both tickets were under $100.

As proof I have one pager from both states with details of payment. I have copy of payment made through check for one the tickets.

Thanks everyone for their replies. Much appreciated. I will get all the records for the three tickets from the court that all of them are paid.

Jackolantern - Is there a need to get any other documentation? I was thinking of getting a letter from Sheriff's office to say that I have never been arrested. (Not sure if that is possible but that was the only thing I could think of? Please advise.