• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Adding my wife to my application

Hello family,

I would like to use this opportunity to thank everyone for your support and advice.

I attended my interview on june 1st and my visa has been approved pending my medicals because I went for my medicals late (a day before my interview date).

During the interview, the CO informed me that it would take a long time to file for my wife to join me, which I know but due to financial problems my wife and I decided that I take the lead.

Now, a friend of mine has agreed to help us financially for my wife and I to migrate together and my host has also strongly advised that I come with my wife even though my wife is 6 months pregnant, they are willing to receive us.

My questions are...

Is it available to receive my visa and package before I asked the embassy to open my DS260 so I can add my wife and fill her DS260 or it will be too late since I would’ve received my package, and I can not ask for reopening my DS260 again?

Or should I ask for reopening of my DS260 now while I am on AP to add my wife?

Please, help

You basically created an unnecessary complication for your case. If only you had asked in this forum before making the decision to proceed alone. I don't see the embassy being willing to re-open your case and scheduling a new interview in order for your wife to be added. Your one short opportunity was to have attended the interview together with your wife. Adding her now is not as simple as the embassy unlocking your form, they will need to schedule a new interview appointment for both of you, she will need to complete her medical exam prior to attending the interview.

Anyways, stranger things have been known to happen, so you can go ahead and contact the embassy to find out what it will take to add your wife back to your case considering you already attended your interview.

You basically created an unnecessary complication for your case. If only you had asked in this forum before making the decision to proceed alone. I don't see the embassy being willing to re-open your case and scheduling a new interview in order for your wife to be added. Your one short opportunity was to have attended the interview together with your wife. Adding her now is not as simple as the embassy unlocking your form, they will need to schedule a new interview appointment for both of you, she will need to complete her medical exam prior to attending the interview.

Anyways, stranger things have been known to happen, so you can go ahead and contact the embassy to find out what it will take to add your wife back to your case considering you already attended your interview.
Thank you, I will give it a try.