• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Adding details of newborn child to DS260 (DV2024).

Ape@

Hi All,

Greetings to you!

My child was born on April 20, 2023, and I have added her to the system after receiving winning confirmation. When I was filling out the DS260, I got few questions while including details of my child into the DS260 system and I have listed them below.

1. There are 4 given names in her Birth certificate. In DS260, they are not allowing to add last one of them since the length high. Are there any possible options to add that last name to DS260 (Can I mention it under "Other Given Names Used" option). Else, would it be an issue to drop it from DS260 while it mentioned in her birth certificate.

2. I am aware that we have to file the DS260 as early as possible. Since she is too young (37 days old), we still have not applied for her passport. Currently in my country, the waiting time is a little too high to get a new passport. Until then, can I include my passport number (mother of the child) as the passport number of the child? I am confident that I will be able to provide the passport details of the child during the interview process.

3. If I cannot include my passport details, same as the passport details of my child, what would be the next possible option to be successful in this scenario?

Thanks in advance.

1. List it under the Other Names section.
2&3. A parent’s passport number can be listed in the interim to enable you submit the DS260 - you’ll update the information when you get your baby’s passport.