Adance Parole questions

amblimama

Registered Users (C)
MY H1B expires on APril 25 of this year(6 years). I have EAD now and waiting for the I485...
I am planning to go to India in August of this year. Will I have a problem coming back on AP as my H1B will be expired by that time.
Please let me know. Any similar exp
If I apply for AP by myself(without the lawyer)-what are the documents I need apart from i_131 and photos.Any body has any letter formats for this
thanks in advance.
PD April 2000
EB3 India; Applied for I485 when EB3 became current-june/july

You can send 1-131, and photos along with

I-485 Reciepts. You can write a simple letter explaining that you might want to visit india on business trips as well as for personnel reasons as u r family is in india. Mention that how soon u want to visit (date) also. That should be fine. And check with proper new fees in effect if ur applying after 2/19.

No Title

Hi amblimama,

In another thread you said we can get duplicate PP (inlieu of damaged PP) from NYC in a day or two in case of urgency. Actually I have my brother\'s wedding in India in April, but I don\'t have the cards. Will the consul accept? Any experience? Thanks for yr reply.

No Title

This is the Indian Embassy in NYC you are talking about. You are an Indian citizen, and you can get your passport in under 48 hours if you simply mail it in. I sent it via UPS, with a UPS return receipt enclosed, and a letter stating the reason I want quick turn around on my passport.

Reply TO PARTHA 2000

You can go meet the consul with your valid visa status(h1b or ead, GC) and show him the marriage invitation . Then the consul will give you the passport so that you can attend the marriage.
Everything depends on the Consul. The procedure is that the consul will talk to you assess your urgency to travel and give the duplicate passport.
Eg: Your brother is getting married in April. If you get invitation by next week and show it to the Consul, He/She will give you the passport so that you will be able to attend the marriage in April. Meaning: Consul might not give you the passport right away.-Might take 2 to 3 weeks
Eg: you have GC interview tomorrow. You show the interview letter today and show valid visa status, Consul will give you the passport today itself.
Hope this helps