Actual EAD card in hand after Card Production Order E-mail from USCIS !!

Atique.Rahman

Registered Users (C)
I filed for my wife's AOS marriage based back in April, 2010. Her medical RFE has been completed back in May
also her finger print was done on May. Last 2/3 days ago we received an E-mail from USCIS saying EAD card
production has been ordered. Now my question is how long it usually takes her to receive the EAD card? And
with that EAD card will she be able to apply for her SS card along with driver's license ?
Please share your experience on this. I asked the same question on an other thread but only one member
replied but I'd like to know more experiences. So please share your experiences.
Atique.

- Your wife should receive her EAD card in a matterof days. Most people receive it within a week after production card has been ordered.
- Yes after receiving her EAD she can and she should apply for her ssn she will receive her ssn in about 10-15 days! Just go to your local social security office with all ids-docs in hand
- As for DL it depends on which state you live. For example in NY it is required that the applicant present at least "6 points" in order to be eligible for a DL where a ssn is worth 2 points and an EAD card is worth 3 points towards those 6 required points.
Things may be quite different if you reside in a different state for example in Maryland a bank statement, passport and ssn would more than enough
To find out which documents are required for DL in her case just go to the DMV website of your state where you will be able to find all docs required in YOUR state.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Your wife should receive her EAD card in a matterof days. Most people receive it within a week after production card has been ordered.
- Yes after receiving her EAD she can and she should apply for her ssn she will receive her ssn in about 10-15 days! Just go to your local social security office with all ids-docs in hand
- As for DL it depends on which state you live. For example in NY it is required that the applicant present at least "6 points" in order to be eligible for a DL where a ssn is worth 2 points and an EAD card is worth 3 points towards those 6 required points.
Things may be quite different if you reside in a different state for example in Maryland a bank statement, passport and ssn would more than enough
To find out which documents are required for DL in her case just go to the DMV website of your state where you will be able to find all docs required in YOUR state.

Thanks a lot dianacuper. I sure appreciate it. By the way I live in Texas & if I'm not mistaken for her driver's license all she needs EAD card along with another pic ID which she can use her passport at this point. For DL, SS # is not required ( as far I know ). But she'll apply her SS anyway cause she wants to start working as soon as she receives EAD & SS.
Once again thanks for all your details info.
Atique.