Action to be taken in case GC not received

dkmar

Registered Users (C)
My interview happened on 1st july and i was told by IO that I will receive the card in 3 weeks time.
I have not received any approval notice nor an email confirmation.
How much time should one wait before contacting USCIS and what would be the process to follow up for my
GC? Thanks in advance.

So basically you do not even know if it (I-485) was approved. I would give it 30 days and then go for an infopass.

My interview happened on 1st july and i was told by IO that I will receive the card in 3 weeks time.
I have not received any approval notice nor an email confirmation.
How much time should one wait before contacting USCIS and what would be the process to follow up for my
GC?

For the infopass appointment can the I take my husband/child also? What all document does one need to take. Also will they then stamp my passport with approval? Thanks.

Bring your I-485 receipt and an ID. You can bring your husband, but I'm not sure about the child. They won't stamp your passport unless they see in the system that you have been approved and the approval was at least a month ago; if your approval was less than a month ago they'll tell you to wait for the card.

But if it was approved in their system, would not have I received a email confirmation, What if the IO just forgot to update my case status. Thanks.

The adjudicator needs to update the system at the district office and the card is produced at the service center. Yes there is a possibility that your case has been approved and your card is enroute. There is also a possibility that the system was updated but your card has not yet been produced. There is also a possibility that your GC was mailed but got lost in the mail.

But if it was approved in their system, would not have I received a email confirmation, What if the IO just forgot to update my case status.

But if it was approved in their system, would not have I received a email confirmation, What if the IO just forgot to update my case status. Thanks.

They don't always update the system for everybody. Some people just suddenly get the card in the mail without getting an email first and without seeing the online status message change.