AC21 to different service center

Ac21er

Hi,

I have some questions which I hope some of you may be able to answer. Searched the archives but didnt find anything. If they have already been asked/answered please direct me to the archive location.

1. I am considering changing jobs. I140 is approved (EB3) and more than 180 days. The job is in a different service center. Will my case be transferred to the new center?

2. Should I file the AC21 or wait till asked? I've seen advice here that says to wait because filing AC21 leads to denials or notice of intent to deny. But since my address changes wont they know I've changed jobs anyway?

3. Are some service centers better than others when it comes to AC21 cases?

4. My wife has filed as a dependent. If she moves to a different job in a different service center will her case move?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Ac21er said:
Hi,

I have some questions which I hope some of you may be able to answer. Searched the archives but didnt find anything. If they have already been asked/answered please direct me to the archive location.

1. I am considering changing jobs. I140 is approved (EB3) and more than 180 days. The job is in a different service center. Will my case be transferred to the new center?
------------- if I-140 approved AND I-485 pending more than 180 days and your job duties are same/similar then you are eligible for AC21, job being in diffrent center is not a problem, change of employer or change of address does not change your file trasfer to new center, they may trasfer to local office or they may not
2. Should I file the AC21 or wait till asked?
--------------- I prefer to file AC21
I've seen advice here that says to wait because filing AC21 leads to denials or .
---------------- where did you read that if you request AC21 you get denials ?? if you dont update you get notice of intent to deny and then have to reply them.
But since my address changes wont they know I've changed jobs anyway?
--------------- once you change residence file form AR11 but it will NOT change your address on pending I-485, you need to inform NCSC 1-800 and should write to service center where your I-485 is pending for the new address on I-485
3. Are some service centers better than others when it comes to AC21 cases?
---------
4. My wife has filed as a dependent. If she moves to a different job in a different service center will her case move?
--------------- depends on service center but I feel her I-485 is attached with your I-485 file and both will be approved at same time and both will remain at the same service center or if they move file to local office then full file will be moved
Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks Ginnu for the reply.

I've seen advice here that says to wait because filing AC21 leads to denials or .
---------------- where did you read that if you request AC21 you get denials ?? if you dont update you get notice of intent to deny and then have to reply them.

>>>>I cant find that link now. It is possible that in my hurry I mistook an RFE to be denial.

But since my address changes wont they know I've changed jobs anyway?
--------------- once you change residence file form AR11 but it will NOT change your address on pending I-485, you need to inform NCSC 1-800 and should write to service center where your I-485 is pending for the new address on I-485
>>>I gather from your reply even after inforrming them (NCSC 1-800 etc ) they may or may not change service centers. I was kind of hoping they would because the current one is TSC and the new one will be CSC. Big difference in dates!

--------------- depends on service center but I feel her I-485 is attached with your I-485 file and both will be approved at same time and both will remain at the same service center or if they move file to local office then full file will be moved

>>> OK. That makes sense.

Thanks again for the reply.