AC21 - Simultaneously on payroll of 2 companies.

anj_nj

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have to take up a permanent job next week, but it's only 160 days since my 485 is filed. In order to eliminate the risk of company withdrawing 140 before 180 days, I am planning to take vacation(paid leave) of 2-3 weeks from the present company and join the new company immediately. And then resign form the present employer after 2-3 weeks( when 180 days are over). My concern is that is it legally ok to work for two employers simultaneously. Since I would be taking paid leave from present employer.
I am not able to get start date extended and also I am sure, that present employer won't help me.

Pl. advise.

Thanks in advance

anj_nj,
You can legally work for one or more employers on your EAD, if you got one. If you don't have an EAD, you are not allowed to work for any employer other than the one who is holding your workpermit.
But to avoid risk, try to ask your new employer not to pay for these 3 weeks, or pay it as bonus later, whichever is convenient. Also, don't let your current employer know about this as he can screwup your application.
:cool: