AC21 Question - Please comment.....

sertra2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I know that for AC21 you need an approved I-140, your I-485 must be pending for over 180 days and the new job should be in same or similar postion and responsibilities. Thats all cool.

Now my question is after we use AC21, does the new employer also have to support our GC application ? Can I just join the new employer on EAD and if there is an EVL RFE for my I-485, can I just submit a letter confirming my postion and salary ? Or does the letter have to say that the new employer will continue to support my GC application or something of that nature.

Please respond with your comments.

sertra2002 said:
Hi,

I know that for AC21 you need an approved I-140, your I-485 must be pending for over 180 days and the new job should be in same or similar postion and responsibilities. Thats all cool.

Now my question is after we use AC21, does the new employer also have to support our GC application ? Can I just join the new employer on EAD and if there is an EVL RFE for my I-485, can I just submit a letter confirming my postion and salary ? Or does the letter have to say that the new employer will continue to support my GC application or something of that nature.

Please respond with your comments.

Only support needed by new employer is a letter confirming your new postion and salary.

Thanks magician for your magical reply !!

So that means new employer does not even be told about our immigration woes :) ! All he needs to know and cares is that we have authorization to work, i.e. the EAD.....

In case of a RFE u might also need to specify in the emp letter that this is a full time position and they intend to hire u permanently in this position.

Cheers

Tanjar

------------I heard that for AC21 portability, those concurrently filing people do not need approve I140, only need to wait for 180 days.

oxa1 said:
------------I heard that for AC21 portability, those concurrently filing people do not need approve I140, only need to wait for 180 days.

Thats a whole different discussion. This topic has been discussed again and again, with opposing views, so we'll leave it at that.