AC21: H1 Transfer and Extension?

sriram1975

Registered Users (C)
I'm with my current company A (GC sponsor) on my 7th year H1 which is valid till Oct 2005. My 140 was approved last month and > 180 days since I filed 485.
Can I move to another company by filing ONE application for H1 transfer and also for the 8th year?
Or should I first transfer H1 to company B, and then request 8th year H1 seperately?
Or Can I request 8th year H1 now while I'm with current company and THEN transfer to company B? Will that invalidate the 8th year H1 since it was approved while I was with company A thereby I have to apply for 8th year H1 again?

Thanks for your feedback.

sriram1975 said:
I'm with my current company A (GC sponsor) on my 7th year H1 which is valid till Oct 2005. My 140 was approved last month and > 180 days since I filed 485.
Can I move to another company by filing ONE application for H1 transfer and also for the 8th year?
Or should I first transfer H1 to company B, and then request 8th year H1 seperately?
Or Can I request 8th year H1 now while I'm with current company and THEN transfer to company B? Will that invalidate the 8th year H1 since it was approved while I was with company A thereby I have to apply for 8th year H1 again?

Thanks for your feedback.

Your 8 th year H1 is not related to the employer. It just just related to pending I-485. So You can apply H1 with company or With new company it does not matter however you do.

tammy2 said:
Your 8 th year H1 is not related to the employer. It just just related to pending I-485. So You can apply H1 with company or With new company it does not matter however you do.
thanks Tammy. Since I'm on H1, do I apply for a transfer to new company and along with that can I also request 8th yr H1? Or does it need to be done in separate steps?