AC-21/g8 strategy

dimpi

Registered Users (C)
hello,
I will be finishing my 180 period in nov, so i am planning to change jobs.

Also i was thinking of changing attorney, wanted to seek advice from experts on this forum:

-- what are the disadvatanges of changing attorney in 485 stage
-- how long it takes for this change to take into effect
-- does old attorney gets some notification for this change

-- i want to make sure,if i do this, that attorney has been changed before i change jobs. is there any way to know that

thanks

140 aproved june 05
pd: may 02
485: nd may 05

dimpi said:
hello,
I will be finishing my 180 period in nov, so i am planning to change jobs.

Also i was thinking of changing attorney, wanted to seek advice from experts on this forum:
***********hire your lawyer
-- what are the disadvatanges of changing attorney in 485 stage
-------------------------none
-- how long it takes for this change to take into effect
--------------------------they day your new lawyer sends G28 and USCIS attach it with your pending file
-- does old attorney gets some notification for this change
----------------------------NO
-- i want to make sure,if i do this, that attorney has been changed before i change jobs. is there any way to know that
--------------------- let the new lawyer send G28 with certified mail
thanks

140 aproved june 05
pd: may 02
485: nd may 05

Lawyer fees

Hi Dimpi and Folks,

I am changing jobs after getting laid-off by my GC-sponsoring employer this week. I talked to couple of lawyers for filing G28 (for taking the case further) and AC21. The fees are very high ~$2500-2800. Is this the normal fees for this purpose ?

Any references will help please. I am in NY.

Thanks Guys...

I have no info about my 140 petition. How can I use AC21

Hi

I've applied in Sep 05 for 140/485 together in EB-2. Employer gave me copies of 485/EAD/AP receipts but they don't share any info about the 140 petition -- not even its receipt number.

Even when my 140 gets approved I'm sure I'll just get an internal email to that effect, with no document nos.

In such a scenario, how will I ever be able to take advantage of AC21 if I have to? Are there any sources outside of my employer (like freedom of information act etc? Heard that somewhere on these forums) using which I can get to know this information? Is it possible to get the AC21 advantage by sending a memo and G-28 through my new lawyer without reference to my 140 petition number, just by using my A#? Will it be accepted and will I be allowed to keep the PD?

Just wondering. Any info would be appreciated.

-R

rohit_bha said:
Hi Dimpi and Folks,

I am changing jobs after getting laid-off by my GC-sponsoring employer this week. I talked to couple of lawyers for filing G28 (for taking the case further) and AC21. The fees are very high ~$2500-2800. Is this the normal fees for this purpose ?

Any references will help please. I am in NY.

Thanks Guys...

You do not need an attorney right now. So you do not need G-28.
Talk to the current attorney. Ask him if you gets laid off still can he handle the case? If no ask him in case of RFE can he pass it to you?

I am already laid-off and I did talk to the current lawyers- As per them they can take the case forward, but I have to pay them for it. In case I don't, they said we don't gaurrantee that we might forward anything to me. So, looks like I need a lawyer.

Any references...